Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nervious Sensation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, In the evenings,when I'm sitting in my chair, I've started to have a slight pain, or rather a nervious sensation in my right groin, and the only thing I can do is to start walking about for a while to get rid of it. It happens every evening and its driving me nuts. Anyone out there might know what it could be.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hello Pedro :wave:

It sounds like you could be experiencing pins and needles. You say that it only happens when you’re sitting in your chair – the pressure which you’re putting on your lower back and legs when you’re sitting down may be limiting the blood supply to your nerves. This stops your nerves sending signals to your brain causing a pickling or tingling sensation. This would explain why the sensation goes away when you stand up and walk around.

If you participate in sports you may have strained a muscle or tendon through over-stretching, but this would seem unlikely as it would be a persistent sensation in your groin.

If the problem continues it might be worth having a check-up with your doctor to ensure there are no underlying problems or go and see a physiotherapist.

Is it only when you sit down you have this problem?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for your info, I'll probibly end up at the doctors . Cheers.