Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Xbox Options

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Argh my head hurts - I am looking to buy an Xbox but can't work out whether it is worth paying the extra for the Elite or not?

My husband isnt a huge gamer but we are likely to use it for media storage as well (pictures etc). The thing that has confused me is that they refer to 'HDD' when describing the 60gb option but not with the 120gb.

Is the 120gb just a bigger better version of the 60gb or by increasing the size does it miss out on some of the other features the smaller one has?

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tbh best bet, get the 60gig version, to store movies etc on, what I do is put them on a flashdrive or my portable harddrive and plug it into the usb slots at the front, works a treat.
    What does the HDD stand for? I am sure it relates to high definition but surely the 120gb would also have this?

The other question I have is whether the xbox can lie on its side? We have a media unit built into the wall and there is no way it could sit upright like shown in the pictures!
    Hard Disk Drive, they prob just dropped off HDD and put 120gb instead of 60gb HDD
    I have my Xbox on it's side and it works ok - just make sure there's some room for the fans to let heat out
    Thank you :)

I think we will go for the 60gb... wish it came in black though!