Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Harry Potter and the HBP!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread for the new movie yet!!! Has anyone seen the new trailer; anyone else super pumped about this flick? Let's get a good board going here!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    When is the release? Yes I'm excited :D
  • Options
    Ohh I saw a poster for this at the VUE at Cheshire Oaks! I am quite excited I :heart: Harry Potter books, though not always liked the films :chin:

But I will go and watch it!
  • Options
    It comes out July 15...Argh! I can't wait!

Yes, I agree the last couple movies have been a little half-hearted, but this trailer makes me think it'll be an awesome movie.

What's everyone's favorite books?
  • Options
    i cant wait till this movie comes out.:shocking:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I cannot wait for this. I shall be there on opening weekend :D
  • Options
    HBP was my favourite of the books. I think that the films are great, but guys please read the books first!!
  • Options
    Stenzmann wrote: »
    It comes out July 15...Argh! I can't wait!

Yes, I agree the last couple movies have been a little half-hearted, but this trailer makes me think it'll be an awesome movie.

What's everyone's favorite books?

Ooooh my god, it looks so good! :hyper:

Might have to read the book again cos i cant remember it all that well
  • Options
    Yeh I'm super pumped. Northern Rock all the way! :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's not out here till late August :(
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    HBP was my favourite of the books. I think that the films are great, but guys please read the books first!!

I wouldn't have it any other way...anybody attempting to get the Cliff's notes of the books by just watching the films are doing a great disservice to Rowling and to their own, soggy brain.
  • Options
    I have agree with you all .. the trailer looks amazing and i can't wait to see the movie! but does anyone else agree with me that the books are better. I just imagined everything so differently all the time.. ya know?? i love reading these types of books rather than watching the movies. Do you agree? Are there any books like that too?
  • Options
    They're doing three films to cover the last two books, so don't go expecting it to be remotely close to the book plotline.
  • Options
    Hey Kermit.. yeah i completely agree with you though..but it's always the best comparing the 2 as well right?
    and heartfairies .. I completely agree with you as well, just like i said before too you always compare them.. the things you can imagine though are always the best.. there are plenty of other books like that though. I just saw something online somewhere for a new similiar book coming out too.. i found this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFJ_ulvrJI I'm not sure if i'd be interested necessarily but it looks like it'd be great for girls..
  • Options
    Hey Kermit.. yeah i completely agree with you though..but it's always the best comparing the 2 as well right?
    and heartfairies .. I completely agree with you as well, just like i said before too you always compare them.. the things you can imagine though are always the best.. there are plenty of other books like that though. I just saw something online somewhere for a new similiar book coming out too.. i found this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFJ_ulvrJI I'm not sure if i'd be interested necessarily but it looks like it'd be great for girls..

ohhh i just took a look at that! Did you see the link in the info?? http://www.fairygodmotheracademy.com ... it has parts of the book online to read. i read that and it's cool. did you see it?
  • Options
    ohhh i just took a look at that! Did you see the link in the info?? http://www.fairygodmotheracademy.com ... it has parts of the book online to read. i read that and it's cool. did you see it?

no i havent! haha that's crazy
  • Options
    no i havent! haha that's crazy

did you read any of it ? I like it!
  • Options
    I'm very much looking forward to the film...the wait is nearly over!! :yippe:
  • Options
    We have tickets for Saturday :yippe:
  • Options
    Oh my I think im trying to persuade someone to go with me to see Harry Potter!
  • Options
    did you read any of it ? I like it!

hey yeah i just read it.. it was for chapter 4 right? i think the site just changed or got updated. lemme know
  • Options
    Seeing it tommorrow with my sister!! We're such geeks we always go see every film. Cant wait!
  • Options
    hey yeah i just read it.. it was for chapter 4 right? i think the site just changed or got updated. lemme know

yeah i think it was , did you like that chapter, what did you think of it? i was checking out stuff and came across this harry potter article.. did you know it made like 4.5 billion all together.. thats crazy.Do you know what Random House is ... they mentioned a couple other books saying there's gonna be DVD samplers out and The Fairy Godmother Academy was in it too..
    http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6671416.html
  • Options
    Today is Harry Potter Day! Yay :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
  • Options
    Saw it today!!!!

Aaaaahhh i loved it! I really want to talk about it but I dont wanna ruin it for anyone. Just be prepared to cry.
  • Options
    I thought it was complete and utter bollocks, to be honest. I was very very disappointed. It was almost down with Matrix 2 in terms of let-down.

Glad I paid extra for the nice seats in the independent cinema in town though, very comfy!
  • Options
    It wasnt as good as i was hoping.
  • Options
    Just been to see it the 2nd time, alot of it was as i'd imagined but i thought the story was a bit flat, it was all focused a bit too much on romance and not much else tbh.
  • Options
    They didn't even do the romance bit right either. Grr.

The humour was good, but apart from that it was weak. And I absolutely detest how Michael Gambon plays Dumbledore- Dumbledore doesn't get angry, he always knows the answer, he's a sage. Gambon either can't or won't get this.
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty good, although I haven't seen the previous two films so maybe compared to them it isn't so great.

I have read the book but several years ago and only the once, but it all came back to me and reminded just how brilliant it is! Yea I agree it's a bit of overkill on the romance, and nowhere near as good as the books, but I was still pretty pleased :)
  • Options
    I love the books but the film was pants. 2 hours of my life I won't get back :crying:

The film just seemed to drag and didn't portray the excitement like the book IMO.

I think I might just wait for the next ones to come out on DVD to watch them.