Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need Help!! Pregnancy Question All welcome to have your comments Thanks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Guys, Jus want to ask a couple a Q's I recently come off of the contacaptive pill at the end of march, and me and my partner havent been using jonnys since... we are currently trying for a baby... But havent had any luck so far! Has the fact that ive only not long ago stopped taking the pill.

Also After having intercourse the other nite i bleed a little? Ive spoken to a couple a freinds and they have said it could be a sign that im pregnant? They have also said as ive been feeling a lil on the ill side in the morning i could be but i havent taken a test coz ive recently not been having ne luck!
And Does having intercourse while during your period give more chances of become pregnant?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Thank You! Thats been a big help! Jus hope i get more people with their comments and oppions! x
  • Options
    It's recommended that you come off the pill for three months before you start trying for a baby, I think to give your body a bit of time to get back in a routine. Have you been having regular periods since you stopped taking it? Also, it's a good idea to start taking folic acid now you're trying to conceive :)
  • Options
    Bran Flakes have extra folic acid in :)
  • Options
    I would go and see your gp and have a test done then you will know for sure and talk to the nurse about things I am sure they will help.
    Hope its positive?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It can take a while for your cycle etc to get back to normal after you stop taking the pill. How long have you been trying?
  • Options
    it can take upto 18 months after coming off the pill for your cycle to settle in again...not saying it always does but it can.

as for having sex when your on, i very much doubt that this would increase your chances of conceiving...
  • Options
    If you buy an ovulation kit this will tell you the 2 most likely days for concieving - they are a bit expensive but definately worth investing in if you want to avoid the faff of trying to guess when your most fertile days are (which btw is really unlikely to be during your period) especially if your not that regular.
  • Options
    And Does having intercourse while during your period give more chances of become pregnant?

Thanks

The best time to get pregnant is 2 weeks after the first day of your last period. Buy an ovulation kit, they are very accurate. I came off the pill last august, and unfortunatley I have had 2 miscarriges, but I had no problem becoming pregnant either time. I don't know how old you are, but if you are over 35, don't try for any longer than six months, without seeking help. good luck!:)
  • Options
    Just to add not everyone fits into the norm, we conceived sophie a day before i was due on so my preg test didn't pick it up for another week or so after i was due on.
  • Options
    Try not to worry too much, either. You only have a 25% chance of conceiving even if you do everything right.
  • Options
    Your more likely to concieve on holiday as well - because of the not worrying thing
  • Options
    If you want to get pregnant, it's always best to have drunken unprotected sex with someone you don't like very much. Seems to be 100% guaranteed conception then. :D
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    Just to add not everyone fits into the norm, we conceived sophie a day before i was due on so my preg test didn't pick it up for another week or so after i was due on.

Wow thats amazing. Yes of course eveyones cycle is different, but you have very late ovulation so. I concieved day 15 of my 30 day cycle, & my pregnancy test didn't pick it up till 3 weeks after conception, a week after my period was due. Now if i could just find the secret to staying pregnant, I'd be doing ok!
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    Wow thats amazing. Yes of course eveyones cycle is different, but you have very late ovulation so. I concieved day 15 of my 30 day cycle, & my pregnancy test didn't pick it up till 3 weeks after conception, a week after my period was due. Now if i could just find the secret to staying pregnant, I'd be doing ok!

My cycles were all over the place which made getting pregnant very tricky to time lol. So we just did the every other day to cover it all ;).

Cycles were anything from 29-37 days lol.