Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

slight identity crisis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have had black hair (asides 2 red phases, and the one time i grew the black out) since i was 13. I've been tagging the gothy line since then too...although i now do 50's/40's often too...

But now i'm thinking of letting my hair grow out. I have about 2 and half inches of regrowth atm, and my natural hair colour is a mousey brown- which goes very red in the sun.

my problem here, is that i have a reputation to keep up with the whole gothy/metaly/burlesquey look, i'm in a industrial band, i'm president of my uni's rock society and i have an image (albeit, a hazy one which need defining a hell of a lot), which i feel needs to be maintained...

i'm just a bit pissed off with my hair looking kinda lacklustre and kinda shit. i've just had a new cut which is great, and i can now get my hair into a mohican...

plus i'm struggling to find summer clothes that don't make me look like i got lost in glastonbury and didn't come back for twenty years...i do have a liking for hippyish stuff (and i did actually live in glastonbury for a while), but everything i find is just very meek and mild and totally unlike me. Plus i have a budget of fuck all...

helpyzzz plzzz