Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what do girls like in a guy (late teens age eg 17)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
i'm just curious as to what you prefer in a guy at around 17 years of age (when you were that age)
i'm guessing most girls like taller guys but there where i stop with my knowledge of this matter
I understand that everyone will have diffrent prefences but what do you prefer, eg taller, out going, long or short hair stuff like that really

thanks

Comments

• Options
    I'm not a girl, but I think it's varies, in regards to looks and personality-type. Good personal hygiene always seems to get the thumbs up though.
  • Options
    Yup hygiene works really well but with regards to everything else, there isnt one set of looks or traits that wins every time, as every girl has differents tastes.

Being confident in yourself and the way you look is important, as is being comforatable with the way you are. Just be yourself.
  • Options
    Quite honeslty, as a teenager it was all looks. I was into the dark haired older tattooed bad boy and I wouldn't look twice at another. They could be the dullest most boring person ever but if the body fit, I was all over it. Now that I'm older, I like my man because he is sexy (the exact opposite of my "type" then) and he is the greatest nicest guy... I don't know who everybody else was hanging out with in highschool but it was all very "type-ish" then to me and everybody else I knew. Not to be mean... everybody has their own type, there is no one universallys sexy man, but the younger you are the more you focus on "types."

But then I guess I can't say that either as the last serious relationship before this one (which was then in my late teens) was a blonde :p So fuck waht I just said!
  • Options
    Im 18.
    My usual type of guy:

Taller than me (not hard as im 5'3)
    Blue/ Green Eyes are my Favourite, But i do go for Some blokes with brown eyes.
    Dark hair usually
    Not Fat not thin, Muscles dont impress me Massively, Yes there nice to look at but i think id be intimidated!
    Like My Men to smell good, Dress Stylishly, Able to Make me laugh, able to talk for hours, Bit mysterious, Out going and abit of a cheaky boy :)

But, I go through phases, Like where i fancy blonde lads or whatever! I think once you like someone, the way they look/act becomes attractive as you get to know them!
  • Options
    An ASBO.........:chin:
  • Options
    Big cocks!

Just be yourself. Unless one is a complete twat, I'm sure most women prefer their guys to keep it real. If you try and 'change', you'll probably be caught out sooner or later. A good sense of humour is attractive too. People like to laugh. :)
  • Options
    its very hard to say 'what girls like' because every girl is different, therefore likes different things.

I think attraction does play a role, as you wouldnt exactly go up to someone not at all nice looking and say "hey, can i have your phone number :naughty:" But it all down to the personality, dis-likes and likes that really mean something, thats the main thing. I love a guy with an unusual sense of humour, anyone who can make me laugh goes up in my book :)