Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weekend Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's Friday here and it will be for you guys soon. What shit are you getting up to?
It's a mate's stag do tonight, so basically going on a bar crawl with a load of pissed up blokes, ending up in a strip club and then a club somewhere in Mooloolaba. Can't fuckin wait! :D
Tomorrow I have to be up fucking early to go to Fraser Island. We're camping on the island's beach over the weekend. Fraser Island is beautiful, it's a world heritage sight as it's the world's largest island made entirely from sand.

Comments

• Options
    Meeting mates for coffee on Saturday, karaoke in town on Sunday and karaoke in North Shields on Monday.
  • Options
    house shopping, house shopping and errr shopping :D

bank hol monday is mine and my fella's first anniversary :heart: so we are going to go out and celebrate that in the evening. will probably get all dressed up and go some posh yummy restaurant :)
  • Options
    Congrats blah :D
  • Options
    It wont be long before the weekend starts on a Monday morning.
  • Options
    i am currently doing naff all asides teaching myself guitar on my new acoustic (its sooooo sweet!), and tidying my room.

I've been really achey for 2 days now, so i'm gonna take it easy really.
  • Options
    last exam today!! :nervous: :D

the evening just relaxing with friends and pizza

tomorrowwww... not sure during the day but going out for a meal with my boyfriend in the evening as another celebratory thing.

sunday dunnooo

what shall i do with myself after exaaams? gosh
  • Options
    I'll be shouting at parked cars.
  • Options
    Long weekend for me...been off since thursday.

Thursday - shopping and out for tea
    friday - shopping at cheshire oaks, come back go out with the lads for a session
    saturday - pub all day
    sunday - rest
    Monday - trip to London to watch the mighty Burnley at wembley.

busy busy busy
  • Options
    Last day of work before 8 days off work :D

Though im HIDEOUSLY hungover atm and have a feeling todays going to be a long long long day.
  • Options
    Today I am battling with the urge to shower and go out for food as there's nowt in for dinner I fancy. I am meant to be going out with a mate of mine to celebrate his end of exams..but I don't want to rough it at the union. It's full of children. :yuck: Plus I'm not as glamourous as anyone in Hollyoaks to get away with it, haha.

Tomorrow, I am finally getting a ukulele and going to be wandering around this all day with a mate more than likely:-

http://2009.subwayfestival.com/

Sunday I'm working but will try and manage to get out to Optimo in the evening as I'm off Monday. Wahey! :)
  • Options
    Guess my weekend will be kind of a depressing one since my bf lost his job yesterday :(

Tomorrow eve i'm meeting up with a friend to go on the piss so i'll be able to drown my sorrows, and Monday we're going shopping at chav central... Lakeside!
  • Options
    I forgot it was a long weekend >.<
    Watching racing, going shopping, and chilling the frak out
  • Options
    We're moving next Friday (subject to nobody fucking anything else up) so I'll be mostly packing a whole shitload of boxes. Big fun :thumb:

Although we are going for a jolly in Scarborough on Sunday. God knows we need a break!
  • Options
    Subway festival looks brilliant this year, i so wanna go to glasgow, but i'm working alas till monday :(
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    It's my birthday.

*cough*where'smyfuckingthread?*cough*
  • Options
    Haha, I just started it as you posted that, weird.
  • Options
    thanks for wishing happy birthday to me too StupidGirl :thumb:

Well, as it was birthday yesterday and im bali, me and my cousin celebrated by going shopping and we both had a pedicure and massage :yes:
    in the evening we went out to a few clubs with some other mates, and things were not as messy as i thought it would be!! still a good nigght tho.. apart from a weird balinese boy with bad breath kept pestering me aall night.

today im not hungover which is a blessing, and am shortly going to take a 5 hour boat across to lombok. dont know what ill do when i get there :chin:

tomorrow i embark on a 3 day trip to komodo island to see the dragons :D do some trekking, snorkelling, sightseeing etc etc .. should be good i hope!
  • Options
    Happy birthday to you Soraliah :D

Sounds like you had a ood one!
  • Options
    Went to the cinema, but then there was a power cut, and had to leave, after seeing 10 mins of the film.
  • Options
    Watched qualifying, went shopping and spent a bundle of monies, came back and sat in the garden in the sun with a cup'o'tea and a strawberry cupcake, now inside waiting for dinner (indian food! nomnom) listening to some new music.

All in all, a pretty good day :)
  • Options
    Let's see... Starting off with yesterday, I did one hell of a long shift - 1pm until 1am. Worked 10am to 5pm today and I'm now off for the rest of the weekend. Probably back Monday morning, will have to harass, sorry call my boss to ask him what my exact hours are that day.

Tomorrow, I shall enjoy my day off with a nice cold beer. Perhaps I'll watch the Monaco Grand Prix as well. Who knows what I'll do, I'm not used to being off on Sunday!
  • Options
    Its midnight and i'm home already from my night out, how lame!
  • Options
    I'm on a night shift at the moment.

Another one tomorrow evening.

I'm thinking about dropping by at IKEA tomorrow to look at lights for me aquariums and do an assignment for uni on Ryanair -gag-
  • Options
    I decided to end my weekend with a 1 mile run.
    Given that I haven't done any real exercise (other than having sex :p) in the last two years, this was a bold move.

I managed about three quarters of a mile before I felt like my lungs were about to explode, whilst a fat man was sitting on my chest, but I've made the first step :D
  • Options
    I went to Eastbourne for the weekend, it was really relaxing :D

On Sat night we had a few bottles of wine on the beach whilst star gazing, had a lovely Thai meal, and on Sunday had loads of icecream, and went to the Belgian cafe, yummy!

Today, chilled out and watched films (irreversible... :O
    t'was good :)
  • Options
    [EDIT]

Ignore me. I'm thinking of Bournemouth. My other friend lives in Eastbourne >.<
  • Options
    Eddish wrote: »
    I decided to end my weekend with a 1 mile run.
    Given that I haven't done any real exercise (other than having sex :p) in the last two years, this was a bold move.

I managed about three quarters of a mile before I felt like my lungs were about to explode, whilst a fat man was sitting on my chest, but I've made the first step :D

Keep on going lad.

You will get there. For example the 1.5 mile run they time you for entry and ongoing assesments in the forces. You have two different kinds of muscles, long twitch and short twitch (or something like that) and the 1.5m distance is a little too short for long distance running to get okish slow times, but a tad too far too get really easy fast times.

Get it down to 8min 30s and then your talking, but push yourself slowly, but by bit, and try getting a few 2milers down your neck first, even if at slow slow speed to make sure you get there!
  • Options
    Cheers :)

I've started doing it to ease back into getting myself back into shape (I'm not fat, but average build with terrible cardio), and my sister runs a few routes two or three times a week, so I'm gonna shadow her for a while.

Apparently the first time she did it, she didn't make it up the first hill, so to get three quarters of a mile was relatively good for me :D
    I'm going to try to build up to a couple of circuits, then try running into the village and back (2 mile round trip, but much more difficult to just turn around and come back home from!)