Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Last Month's Salary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello!
I start a new job on June 8th, and I'm trying to work out my finances for the next month. I've emailed payroll but had no response and they're generally useless anyway.
Where I am now, we get paid on the 28th of the month. I leave the company on the 5th of June, so it'll be about a week after we're paid.
I'm wondering whether they'll pay me my salary on the 28th, plus my holidays and the next weeks pay, or whether I'll just get my salary, and then the extra week and my holidays on the 28th June?
I know it probably depends on the company, but I'd just like to know what the most common way is!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    It depends on the company!

In my last job I was paid on the 16th of every month, two weeks in arrears and two weeks in advance. When I left in the middle of the month I got a reduced pay packet- just the two weeks in arrears.

In this job I get paid a month in arrears and when people leave their salary and unused holiday is paid straight away.
  • Options
    The same goes to me as with Kermit's current job - a month in arrears, paid on the last working day of the month. Holidays and time-in-lieu credited if the person leaves. I think the month in arrears on the last working day of the month is the norm.
  • Options
    I would very much doubt that they would pay you the whole lot on the 28th. They may well pay you the rest on the 5th, or you may even need to wait until the 28th of the next month.