Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bear Grylls appointed Chief Scout

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8054699.stm
BBC wrote:
The adventurer and TV personality Bear Grylls has been named as the UK's latest Chief Scout.

At 34 he will be the youngest person to hold the position.

Mr Grylls says he aims to inspire more adults to volunteer as leaders, so the 33,000 young people currently on waiting lists can join Scout groups.

He was the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest, aged 23, and has presented television programmes such as Born Survivor and Escape to the Legion.

Mr Grylls was appointed by The Council of the Scout Movement at a special meeting in London and will be expected to promote the policies and benefits of Scouting.

For anyone involved with Scouts, I think thats a damned cracking move, the guy is a legend.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats cool :) bear grylls is pretty ace.
    A lot of people give Teddy stick for a few faked scenes from Born Survivor, but he is one tough motherfunster, i mean he was in the SAS for a while and thats about as hard as it gets!

Still doesn't make scouts cool though :impissed:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, hope you don't mind me moving this - but good to have activity related to this section. :thumb:
    Scouts is cool if it comes to a CV and you have two very similarly qualified people, and someone has scouting experience and can prove they are able to work in a team. Also the potential for outdoor adventerous training quals etc.

Its something in this day and age that can make you stick out from the crowd.