Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

healthy eating plans??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
due to my various health issues, and general lazyness, i've put on a bit of weight and haven't been eating that well.

I've decided that inorder for all of me to get better, i need to be eating better, but i'm struggling to even cook for myself due to lack of motivation atm. and i keep buying food and then not really knowing what to do with it.

Does anyone plan their menus over a week and then buy food? is it a system that seems to work?

any other tips would be really good!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I plan my menu's every week and go shopping once a week but maybe pick up a few other bits during the week.

I tend to also attempt to cook double what i need and then freeze half in order to have something avaliable for nights when i don't feel like cooking.

I have ceral and fruit for breakfast with yoghurt.

Then i make a giant vat of soup for the week on a sunday night and eat that 4 days a week for lunch - which means i just have to whip some soup out of the fridge each morning - rather than bothering to make sandwhiches - but its probably only practical if you have access to a kitchen at lunch time. I have that with bread and an apple

Then for tea i cook a mixture of stuff like pasts and sauce with salad, Veg Chillie, rice and lentils, chicken in tomato and olive sauce with new potatoes and veg.