Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why does my face look old.........?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello friends i am female 25 years old Why does my face look old, but my hands and legs look young, my friends are laughed on me because many wrinkles and age spots show on my face. i am not going collage,market,parlour because i feel my face looked not charming.

so please tell meWhat is the best lotion or cream rid the age spots for face?
i need for help you please give me a suggation about this matter.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Eat fresh, sleep a lot and drink plenty of water throughout the day, live a happy life and take my word - your face will glow. Basically if your body is healthy, it shows up.:)
  • Options
    Hi Leah :wave:

As this is your first post on these boards, we want to wish you a warm welcome to the community here. People on here have great advice and are very supportive. We hope that you find what you are looking for.

The Site website has a whole load of information sheets about many different topics. Perhaps you could check out the ones on feeding your skin, DIY beauty and skin enemies. These are a place to start and may help you to think about some of the things that you can do to help your skin feel better.

Everything 'numb' said is absolutely right too - living a generally healthy life can do wonders for your skin. Also, it doesn't seem fair that your friends would laugh at you about something like this. have you told them them how this is making you feel?

Take care and keep posting :)
  • Options
    I'm sure your skin isn't as bad as you think. Make sure you wear an spf everyday. Wear a lightweight foundation/tinted moisturiser. Make sure you eat enough fruit and veg and drink enough water. At 25 I doubt you have wrinkles but I'm 25 too and have a few lines around my eyes so maybe that's all you have.
  • Options
    Chances are that this is psychological, rather than physical issue, similar to stick thin people who are convinced they're fat.

However, some tips for not ageing prematurely would be to have a healthy diet/lifestyle, get sufficient sleep and stay out of the sun.
  • Options
    Do you use sunbeds often? I know a girl who works in a tanning salon who's 25 - has the body of a 25-year-old but the face of a 40-year-old!
  • Options
    Be confident first, then take good care of yourself and the skin. EAT MORE vegetable and fruits.
  • Options
    Causes of Wrinkles
    ===================

There are many factors that contribute to the development of wrinkles.
    Free radicals are molecules that lead to the degeneration of collagen, a protein found in the skin that keeps it elastic and healthy-looking. Free radicals are found in the UV radiation in sunlight, smoking and air pollution.
    Changes in hormones also produce changes in the skin. Menopause and decreased estrogen production can affect the skin's elasticity and also cause fine lines.
    Muscle use, including everyday expressions like frowning and smiling, also leads to wrinkles while the effects of gravity loosen the skin, causing it to sag.
    How Wrinkles Form
    As we age, the cells in the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin that protects us from the elements) become increasingly thin and decreasingly sticky. As a result, our aging skin becomes thinner and drier; cells divide more slowly, meaning that the natural repairing mechanisms in the skin work less quickly.
    Changes also occur in the dermis, the second layer of the skin, where the connective tissue is found. The connective tissue controls the strength and elasticity of the skin, as well as the proteins found in it.
    In our aging skin, the dermis becomes thinner and collagen production is decreased. Elastin fibers decline, leading to decreased elasticity.

Wrinkle-Fighting Foods
    =======================
    Foods that are high in antioxidants help counteract a decrease in collagen, elasticity and firmness in aging skin.

Tomatoes are an excellent wrinkle prevention food because they contain lycopene, a substance that also decreases the risk of developing cancer. Red peppers have loads of Vitamin A and Vitamin E, as well as bioflavonoids, which moisturize and heal the skin. Beets and carrots (and other red and dark orange vegetables) are also great foods to consume if you want to prevent wrinkles.

Also rich in antioxidants, kale also contains iron that helps bring oxygen to the skin and vitamin A that wards off premature aging. Blueberries are another excellent source of antioxidants.

Salmon contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids that reduces inflammation and lubricates the skin.

It's also important not to smoke and to drink four to six glasses of water a day in order to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle free.
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. My face looks young and my hands are wrinkley as fuck. Do you sleep on your face? I do and I have two epic crease lines that dont appear when making expressions.
    Make sure you wear an spf everyday.

:eek2: every day?

Dont they now reckon vitamin D = life?
  • Options
    Do you use the sunbeds a lot?
  • Options
    Yes everyday. Harmful rays can get through clouds.