Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Temporary Accomodation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I'm soon to be finishing my placement here in Reading but my contract on the house i live at runs out 10 days before i leave my job.

Theres no chance to get an extension on the house, i've tried that already so im a little stuck. Need to find somewhere to live for 10 days.

I was thinking of asking the University here if i could live on campus for that time but wondered if anyone else had any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    the uni should be able to help, i would've thought, if not any chance of crashing at a mates for a week?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    the uni should be able to help, i would've thought, if not any chance of crashing at a mates for a week?

Well im not part of the University here. I go to University in Birmingham, but i doubt that would make much of a difference to be honest so worth a try.

And no, no mates in Reading that will be around then. The other interns finish a week before i do.
  • Options
    If its out of university term time they usually have rooms that they rent out pretty cheaply so that is proably your best bet. Otherwise but its probably too late by now could you not try and book some of the really cheap rooms that they have in the Travelodge - though you usually need to be quick off the mark.

Otherwise i guess you could alternatively send an email round work seeing if anyone has a spare room they could put you up in and that your willing to pay obv
  • Options
    Also, look at B&Bs in the area.

Often not horrifically more than rent if you can find a cheap one.
  • Options
    I remember reading about a couple who lived in travellodge/travel inn, it was cheaper as no council tax etc,
  • Options
    That would be these folks http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/6988927.stm

I thought of them as well - plus i've stayed in the travelodge in reading which is OK but not great - i wouldnt' want to live there.