Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fellow baldies..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just after some tips on reducing the shine :D My head can get a bit of a shine on and that's the only thing that pisses me off about receding.

I usually use talcum powder which dulls the shine for a while.. but just wondered what, if anything, you lot use.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can actually get make up for bald heads...it's like a cover up powder. It supposedly really gets rid of the shine!
    Thats the cutest thing I've ever heard... I've got a birthday present planned for the man already now :p

Sorry to be useless to the rest of the thread.

Perhaps it is shiny because it is oily, like a face. They are close. Maybe a specified shampoo (I've seen bald shampoo before!) or using a shine control lotion/wash up there?

Perhaps it is shiny because it is oily, like a face. They are close. Maybe a specified shampoo (I've seen bald shampoo before!) or using a shine control lotion/wash up there?

:yes: you can get shampoo designed for bald men, it's meant to be quite good!
    Yeah I've heard there are some pretty good cosmetics/make-up stuff you can use.. however being a lad who never uses this sorta stuff I'm clueless on names of stuff and how effective!

Maybe there's some bald blokes on here with girlfriends/wives that introduce them to this stuff?? Where's Jim V when you need him? :P
    piecesofme wrote: »
    You can actually get make up for bald heads...it's like a cover up powder. It supposedly really gets rid of the shine!

Sounds good! You wouldn't happen to know the name of it would you?
    http://www.lookfantastic.com/hair/bc-bonacure/bc-bonacure-men/bc-bonacure-men-anti-shine-soothing-fluid.html

Although this isn't a powder it's just like a cream! So a little less girly and easy to apply :)
    Legend!

Can't believe it's almost £10 a pop.. guess you can't put a price on looking good though haha. Will give this a try.. thanks!
    Sorry, but :lol:

My hubby's bald, and if i found out he used cream to make his head less shiny, i think I'd die laughing. Embrace the shiny! A big, proud twinkling slap head is SO much more attractive than an artificially matt one with a complex about it. It's like a modern day combover!
    I thought it was all about to make it shine. To smear baby oil on it and try to hold your head in an angle so you are blinding people on a sunny day.

You could of course buy one of these baddies and be done with that topic.
    Olive wrote: »
    Sorry, but :lol:

My hubby's bald, and if i found out he used cream to make his head less shiny, i think I'd die laughing. Embrace the shiny! A big, proud twinkling slap head is SO much more attractive than an artificially matt one with a complex about it. It's like a modern day combover!

Trust me Olive, this can get a serious shine goin some days.. couple that with the bags under my eyes from the late nights in the week and I end up gettin that uncle fester-ish look.. Creepy!

And that wig is out of this world.