Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Oh, Danny Boy! The pipes, the pipes, are calling...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Although a devout England supporter, I thought Ireland played brilliantly (especially after everyone dismissed them when Keano left). After a tight 1-1 draw with Spain, Ireland lost 3-2 on penalties. It's going to be a dipressed "drunk-from-too-much-Guiness" night at my house tonight with my Irish housemates. Goodbye Ireland...

Maybe Brazil should be booking their tickets home today, in advance of their getting ridiculed by England (or hopefully even Belgium)?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I have no connections with Ireland whatsoever but i've really been rooting for them during the world cup. They have nothing to be ashamed of. Written off when the qualifiying groups were anounced, they manged to beat Holland and gain commenable draws against Portugal. Reaching the finals was an achievement itself. Bar the first half against Cameroon, there performances have been superb with a team spirit to match. Something France and Argentina might like to take note of *chortle chortle*.

Penalties are a rotten way to go out, especially if you were the best side, its feels so unjust. Nevermind eh? There's always next time. See you in Germany 2006? I hope so.
  • Options
    Good riddance, I've followed and supported Ireland throughout this competition, I went crazy when they scored against Germany and was saddened by todays episode - So on the news its over to some shit hole pub in Dublin, and we are informed all they care about now is the English getting hammered :mad: Well in that case piss off, half the fucking team is English anyway as is the manager, they would never of won it anyway. Its probably better to get rid early doors so everyone can concentrate on us ;)
  • Options
    I never cared about the irish in the first place.

Its just all the tv channels were puttin good words in for them, and supporting them coz they wanted another team to support apart from england. Dont see why tho, ireland aint part of britain is it? its just next door, do u see us supporting holland and france and belguim even tho their next door?

I actually wanted them to loose

plus hierro looks funny with his huge ears :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    Good riddance, I've followed and supported Ireland throughout this competition, I went crazy when they scored against Germany and was saddened by todays episode - So on the news its over to some shit hole pub in Dublin, and we are informed all they care about now is the English getting hammered :mad: Well in that case piss off, half the fucking team is English anyway as is the manager, they would never of won it anyway. Its probably better to get rid early doors so everyone can concentrate on us ;)

Totally agree with that. I've wanted Ireland to do well and also hit the roof when they scored against Germany. England fans want to see Ireland do well yet Ireland fans want England home asap. :mad:

Ireland and Denmark - team spirirt will NOT win you a World Cup
  • Options
    But that's hardly news isn't? Ireland and Scotland fans always want the English to do badly. If England were playing Paedophiles XI the Irish and Scottish fans would be supporting the kiddie fiddlers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    Ireland and Denmark - team spirirt will NOT win you a World Cup
    Nor will skill alone...cf France, Argentina....

Brazil could so easily have gone out today, and the Germans are hardly on top form...

It's gonna be tight on Friday :)
  • Options
    I'd like to think that the World Cup winner will come up of the Italy-Spain game (if the Italians beat S. Korea of course). But this year in particular everthing is possible. Even the Japanese must be fancying their chances now- not to mention Senegal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I'd like to think that the World Cup winner will come up of the Italy-Spain game (if the Italians beat S. Korea of course).

Why not england then ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb

What are you talking about??? Firstly i'd like to tell you that everyone I know is actually rooting for england to do well. It's sad to see that you think all Irish people are against the english football team. If we did all hate the english team we would be the biggest hypocrits ever because all the Irish support english football teams like liverpool and man united.

Secondly I'd like to know what the name of this "shit hole pub in Dublin" is , that you talk about. If your talking about the one shown on sky news, "the submarine bar" then your clearly mistaken as its one of the best known pubs in Dublin and is packed every night.

And as for half the team being english, that is the biggest load of b****x ive ever heard!

Forget it, your probably not going to take any notice of me anyway!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb

Why not england then ?

Well I ain't English, although England are my second team. What I meant is I hope Spain beat Italy, although the Italians will be tough to beat and have the quality to go all the way. Ideally I'd like to see an England-Spain final, and have to lie low for a while after Spain wins. But given our performance yesterday we'll be lucky to make the semis.
  • Options
    hehe so certain that italy wud beat south korea!!

didnt happen tho did it, tho italy didnt really do themselves justice by just defending their lead thinking they cud win that way.

Korea may even beat spain, i wudnt put it past them