Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ever feel like your life has gone stale?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, sorry to be returning once AGAIN for a rant but I guess that's what the place is here for...

I guess I just want to know whether anyone else feels like at the minute, there is nothing going particulary great in their lives? That they're maybe feeling suffocated by friends/partners/housemates?

Last time I posted I think it was about my boyfriend who I've been with for two years and our conflicting views on marriage and kids? We put that behind us and we both felt that whatever happened, would happen for a reason. It was difficult but we were happy for a while.

I've begun to realise he is a bit of a knob when it comes to family and loved ones though. He is a bit of a brat with his parents (youngest of six will do that I guess) and rarely visits them/his nieces/sisters etc.

With me, he is selfish and has become disinterested in pleasing me or compromising in his work ethic. he will literally stay in work from 10am until 2am the following morning replying to emails, when I could be lying buck naked in bed at home waiting for him. He doesn't care. Doesn't want to go out. Doesn't have a vague idea what my dissertation is. doesn't want to get to know my friends or visit my family.

I mean, for fucks sake but is this not a bit ridiculous in a 25 year old man? I'm beginning to get fed up, I have to twist his arm to do anything resembling "a date" with me. His reasoning is that at this stage, the romance has already fizzled out so what's the point. :banghead:

Another thing is that over the years my friends have all settled and while i'm happy they're happy, they are never willing to go out anymore so I'm seriously thinking of searching for jobs around the UK and seeing where it takes me.

Gah. I know it was long, my apologies! I'd be doing the housemates' heads in if I repeated all this though :yuck:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep i know how u feel although i do like my life +love my life
    Its the same routine boring crap day in day out
    Halloween wrote: »
    His reasoning is that at this stage, the romance has already fizzled out so what's the point. :banghead:

This is bullshit - two years isn't that long really, it's nothing to do with the 'stage' of the relationship, unless he's talking about the stage at which he ceased making an effort.

Yeah, if you think things are stale with your love and your life in general, maybe it's just right for a change. Start applying to these exciting jobs elsewhere and see what happens!
    if you have settle-down things going on in your head I would suggest ending it with said boyfriend. I remember your old thread about the different views of marriage and kids and it doesn't seem to have resolves? It even got worse (no interest in your family = not interested in a life together, imho). So if the revival of the relationship is senseless (because the basic problems remain), split now, where it's on good terms before it gets nasty.

It's a pity that your friend won't go out anymore. I have one friend who is like that and it's annoying me. We had the best times when going out and he doesn't put one foot out of his flat. It's impossible to contact him and he never calls back. I wish I knew what's going on. Anyway, if there is really zero friends or no interesting social life going on where you are you might as well move, like you considered and make something like a "fresh start". Doesn't mean you have to throw out the old stuff (like friends, I think it's still possible to meet up with them every now and then), just add something new too.
    read the 'Dice Man'.....by Dc Rheinheart

not saying you should follow it but it gives a good idication how your path in life can change in an instant if you really want it too...