Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

driving myself crazy....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have always had to fight myself with anxiety type issues. I worry about everything all the time but normally keep it reasonably under control and can still concentrate on my 'normal' life.

Since this swine flu thing has come up i have become a nervous wreck. All i think about is death. I am literally fighting off tears constantly. I have no one I can talk to about this. My friends will think I am insane.

Even when I'm not thinking about dying, i'm thinking about what happens if my family die, and then I'm thinking well if i'm going to die i'd better make the most of it. So i tell myself i'm gonna do something, like go visit a friend at the other side of the country-and then i think what happens if i get there and get ill and i'm on my own! lol

I am driving myself insane. I cannot tell myself enough times that I need to just get over it and get on with things.

I do not have a clue what to do.....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    re

Hi Penguin85,:)

Sorry to hear your anxiety and recent thoughts are causing you difficulty. Thank you for your post, we hope you find the support you need.
    Here is some information on anxiety for you, this may help you identify how you are feeling.
    It sounds like your also having difficulty expressing how you are and then getting the support you need. maybe somebody neutral and professionally trained like a counsellor maybe helpful in guiding you through these difficulties. here is some information for you on counselling we hope you find it useful.

please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing:wave: