Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The .Net Domain Mission - Websites!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just thought I'd do a short post seeing as I've just bought a domain name and thought I'd share some information for anyone else willing to take the dive.

This is my second domain name I've registered, but my first domain where I've actually bought a full hosting package as well. My mate told me about Powweb and how cheap they were to host domains with regards to all the features...

I'm paying $US7.77 a month for 200mb, CGI-Bin, UBB board, Pop3 email addresses, ftp site and the like.. you can check out:

http://www.powweb.com/pow1detail.html

So I registered my name as a .NET cause I wanted it to be global and not locked to a country (ie. UK/NZ) in case I move. I got hold of copies of Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash MX along with my trusty notepad and Paintshop Pro!

And finally, I stuck up a Flash 'Coming Soon' movie, which ok may not be a big deal to most but its the first time I've ever actually dabbled in flash, I downloaded a program called 'Swish' and what you see on my site is my first attempt, its really worthwhile if anyones interested in putting up Flash animation.

So my domain then:

http://www.justinbennett.net

I'll get around to putting up a website gradually along the next 2 weeks, with a special subdomain 'clubbing.justinbennett.net' for all my dodgy clubbing photos and stories. Too much going on at the moment with my 70-217 exam and interviews with HP/Compaq for Tech Support.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well well well,

I've had a look round powWeb and it looks good - I'm actually thinking about using them for our site (in signature). You'll have to let me know cos the main reason I want to change it is to get rid of those God damn pop ups and get an actual domain name. You'll have to let me know how you get on with them - seems a bit cheap to be true :rolleyes:

Apart from that, the starting flash you've got on your site at the moment is quality :D:)