Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wiped itunes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yes i've done a very stupid thing and wiped my itunes :o i dont want to risk putting my ipod in and it getting wiped.....i've heard theres a programme where you can get your music from your ipod to the itunes, but i really dont want to pay anything....

Comments

• Options
    i thought that said wiped out tunes and clicked it

sorry nothin useful to add :angel:
  • Options
    Do iPods use MP3 files or does it have its own native format? If MP3, then surely you can slave it to an external HDD?
  • Options
    For PC Users:

http://podtopc.com/

For Mac Users:

http://podtomac.com/
  • Options
    If you want to save all the playlists etc then use software as suggested above. Otherwise, you should be able to rip the music files if 'disk use' is enabled on the ipod (if the ipod shows up as a hard disk in My Computer when you connect it). Make sure hidden and system files are set to be shown, and do a search in the ipod drive for files named *.mp3 and *.aac. Then simply drag and drop onto your desktop to copy the files over, and then add them into itunes. If that doesn't make sense just ask!
  • Options
    how do you enable disk use? never knew ipods could do that .. itunes does my fuckin head in .. can ya transfer songs ON aswell as off with that aye?
  • Options
    Open itunes. Make sure Auto-syncronise is turned OFF or you'll lose everything before you start.

Plug in your Ipod. Goto the "Fred's Ipod" or whatever it's called Icon on the left and click. In the main window there should be a tick box for "manually enable disk use". Check that box and eject the Ipod.

Close Itunes.

Plug the Ipod back in and goto My Computer. The Ipod should appear there as a new hard drive. Open it, select all your songs and copy them somewhere.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    how do you enable disk use? never knew ipods could do that .. itunes does my fuckin head in .. can ya transfer songs ON aswell as off with that aye?
    I think it might actually be called 'disk mode' - it's been a while, I just use my iphone nowadays. Not sure about transferring songs ON that way, I think the files have to be layed out in a way only itunes can do.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Plug the Ipod back in and goto My Computer. The Ipod should appear there as a new hard drive. Open it, select all your songs and copy them somewhere.
    I think the songs are within folders on the ipod though, so they can't all be selected in one go (unless you have Vista, in which case just type in mp3 or aac in the search box in the corner).
  • Options
    The tracks will also be sorted in odd folders, and all of them will be renamed. Not sure if the ID3 tags are left intact on the files though.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help guys :)
    i will try every way, i just want my music back :grump: