Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to cancel a contract?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(im so sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move if so!)

But im on '3' contract, and my 18 months is up, but i know it carries on the contract if you dont cancel it....i've seen a deal on orange that i really like, and i need to cancel my contract today, or i will get charged for another months worth of text and minutes. I;ve been on the website and theres no information on how to do it, do i just ring up the contact provider? I dont want to go through recordings, but i know i will have too :no:

Comments

• Options
    (im so sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move if so!)

But im on '3' contract, and my 18 months is up, but i know it carries on the contract if you dont cancel it....i've seen a deal on orange that i really like, and i need to cancel my contract today, or i will get charged for another months worth of text and minutes. I;ve been on the website and theres no information on how to do it, do i just ring up the contact provider? I dont want to go through recordings, but i know i will have too :no:

Just ring up, follow the options and you should be put through to a real person to chat to. Stick to your guns, they'll say all sorts to try and keep you on there contract :p
  • Options
    you'll probably have to pay for another month. most places want 30 days notice.
  • Options
    You should of phoned them at least a month or two in advance. If you are adamant (big word hehe) that you want to leave then make sure you make that known. The people there will do everything they can to make sure you stay with them for another 18 months. If you can get the same deal on three as orange, go for it! Don't accept anything less!
  • Options
    you'll probably have to pay for another month. most places want 30 days notice.

This...I've just made this mistake as I though my Orange contract would just automatically end but nooo :blush:

If you phone up customer service you can do it through them but you will most probably have to pay for this month. Thats whats happened to me!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Just ring up, follow the options and you should be put through to a real person to chat to. Stick to your guns, they'll say all sorts to try and keep you on there contract :p

My boss has just cancelled a couple of old mobile contacts recently, he had a good 20 minute plus arguement with the compnay til they did what he wanted. I need to cancel my contract with orange soon, I dont care what the offer me to stay, I'm off!