Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

love letters??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok this girl that I had a 'thing' with for a few months has her bday next week. Im not gonna bother goin into details but basically she really really liked me n i was jus stupid n afraid of commitmnet blah blah. and now she says she doesnt think she likes me.. thats fine.. but i told her recently id fallen for her, and our friendships got a bit thrown off track..i want to write her a letter to tell her everything bout how i felt about her, because she does mean a lot to me, i'm not tryin to get with her i dont think, i just want to tell her how important she is to me, and i want our friendship 2 be back on track, cos we were real close.. all im sayin is can people give advice; and if i open out my heart to her in this letter wuld she laugh at it.. can people b that harsh..? anyways ideas appreciated..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did this once. If you read my other posts then you'll know the circumstances. Everything was a big mess and I wrote a letter to tell this girl exactly how I felt.

I was just completly honest with her. I told her everything. She didn't do anything about it and I actually wondered if she got it. But a few months later we talked about it and she said she would keep the letter but that she wasn't going to go out with me because she had a boyfriend.

I'm still glad I did it because it made me feel a lot better. If I was you I'd do it. But tell her EVERYTHING. Don't hold back.
    Do you trust this girl?
    Letters have a funny old way of getting into the wrong hands. People change, situations change, and well, that letter won't. We don't know how she would react. She may well like it. She might run a mile. Who knows?
    If you are aiming for a friendship why not just spend some time together and let things happen as you go?
    Personally I wouldn't write a letter, but whatever. Your choice.
    I did this once, it wasnt exactly a love letter, it was a letter to lucy about why i was being distant. (it was because of my ex, i was afraid to open up again).

Lucy read it, and showed it to her friends, who in turn told half the people in my year. Then Lucy had the nerve to tell me it was pathetic. It made things alot worse.

For some reason i always think it's best for people to know exactly where i stand, exactly how i feel about them. but sometimes it's not always the right thing to do.

Think long and hard before you do this.
    I think it depends how much you trust this girl to keep it to herself because there's nothing worse than your feelings being passed around everyone. I did something like this before, wrote a letter to a guy, and it helped a lot because I told him everything i was feeling for him and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulder! Although he didn't return the feelings we talked about things for a long while which was good. Although you may have feelings for her, if you write the letter and it sinks in she doesn't have feelings for you, when your feelings grow your friendship will be so much stronger.
    you said in your post that you dont think that you want to get with her. if you do write her a letter just make sure that you dont write something that she could take to mean you do want to get with her. if she has feelings for you and she gets confused it could make things worse.

just make it clear and it would probably be a good way of clearing the air.
    Just do it

U have to write a letter.

It would seem that for your own peace of mind you need to get these feelings off your chest. The worst thing in the world is keeping them locked up to yourself, they just keep hurting, and each time you try and ignore what u feel it makes it ten times harder!

Good luck with it all! Hope it all goes well
    xxx
    ok.. i sent the letter, and i take it shes probably got it by now or atleast read it later today once shes back from school... but im completly shitting myself.. i havent a clue how shell react and somehow im thinkin maybe i shuldnt have sent it.... fuck fuck fuck.. sendin a card without a letter wuldnve been much less complicated.. arghh its doin my head in and i have an exam tomorrow!!!