Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moisturiser that has spf higher than 15

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They all seem to be just spf 15 but I have fair skin so could do with a bit more protection. Does anyone know any that have a higher spf than 15 and aren't too expensive?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Avon does a moisturiser, spf25 I think. A friend of mine gets cream with spf30 from Lush - I don't know any more about it though. I think Neutrogenia do a product with spf45 but I'm not sure if it's a moisturiser or sunblock in itself.

*spf freak* :D
  • Options
    i know boots soltan do high protection suncream especially for your face which u can put on after moisturising?
  • Options
    Boots soltan do a factor 50 thats really good and you can buy different size bottles to suit and they often do bogof or three for two deals.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Avon does a moisturiser, spf25 I think. A friend of mine gets cream with spf30 from Lush - I don't know any more about it though. I think Neutrogenia do a product with spf45 but I'm not sure if it's a moisturiser or sunblock in itself.

*spf freak* :D

I'm wary of the "natural" ones. I've tried lush and burts bees and I burned like I was wearing nothing.

Then again, I think the only thing that might have a chance at shielding me would be prescription strength :p
  • Options
    I'm wary of Lush full stop as I can no longer stand the smell of their shops :D

Never tried Burts Bees stuff, it's quite expensive over here, what are the prices like on your side?
  • Options
    Once you get above SPF15, a lot of products stop calling themselves moisturisers and start calling themselves suncream.

Worth being aware of that most of the old style creamy suncreams use moisturiser as the base agent for the suncream. Obviously doesn't apply to the poncey alcohol based ones.
  • Options
    Is it for use on a daily basis or just when you go abroad?
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I'm wary of Lush full stop as I can no longer stand the smell of their shops :D

Never tried Burts Bees stuff, it's quite expensive over here, what are the prices like on your side?

I really only use their chapstick and bum everything off my mom when I go visit her but I know the chapstick is in the price range of any other kind.

Had a look last night and some things were about priced the same as other products like moisturizers and facial scrubs but then the shampoos and night creams and stuff were on the price range as the fancy stuff...granted they are never on sale or have coupons though :p
  • Options
    Philosphy do a moistursier that is 20 spf but it's not exactly cheap. John Lewis and www.qvcuk.com sell it but I'm not sure where else does it.
    ETA: it's actually quite expensive here but you might find it cheaper elsewhere.
  • Options
    Lots of stuff makes my skin break out, but I really like Aveno's natural calming moisturizer. It takes out any red in your skin, too. I LOVE it.