Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shocked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm working in France and one of the girls in the group of us doing leonardo went back to the UK for a wedding, but was in a car accident on the way back to the airport.

She's come away with bruised ribs, but thank goodness it's not more serious.

But the scary thing is one of her friends got killed in Peru earlier this year in a road accident. She's doing her year abroad to learn French and Spanish, but she goes to Manchester University like I did until graduating in 07, but it hits home as a lot of my friends did French and Spanish and went to South America.

She flies back later today as she missed the flight, but it's like so scary seeing as me and loads of my friends did our compulsory year abroad as part of uni and then this happens to people. She told me one of the members of the Spanish department had to go to South America when her friend died.

The main thing is though she's fine, but it hits home seeing as she's 3 years younger and doing a similar degree to mine and that I can think of at least 5 people in my year who went to South America to learn Spanish.

I mean I'm ok, but obviously it's all quite scary.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Moral of the story - don't go to South America!!

Seriously though, I am sorry to hear that your friend has had an accident and of those that you have lost in the past. Unfortunately though it's just one of those things, but you're friend is safe and well and that is what is important. It makes you remember how short life is and how in a split second it can be taken away from you just like that - enjoy it whilst you can.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah very true. I think we're all just relieved it wasn't a hell of a lot worse.

But we should see her tonight and I think she said she'll go back to work tomorrow.