Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex Hurting Him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When me and my boyfriend have sex it hurts him when hes going in. I'm on the pill so we dont use condoms. Normally once we get into the act everythings fine, but starting off can be really painful for him, will lube help any?

Is there any difference between the big brands like KY and like boots own stuff or whatever?

Comments

• Options
    Is it his foreskin that hurts? Is it because its tight? Can he pull it back okay when its erect?

Lubrication jellys do differ. Some are more sticky than others, some are more slippery etc. It's a matter of personal preference.
  • Options
    I heard from somewhere that the pill can cause your cervix to become thicker, im not entirely sure about this, as im on the pill and havnt had ths problem, it could just be a myth.

Has this problem only occured since you've been on the pill?
  • Options
    i have no idea, he doesn't really like talking about it, he'll just be like "can we stop, cause it hurts" im just assuming it really comes down to being a problem with me, cause it was never a problem in the past, its only really been occuring in the past few months.

i've been on the pill for about two years now, so its unlikely to be the problem
  • Options
    i have no idea, he doesn't really like talking about it, he'll just be like "can we stop, cause it hurts"

A relationship without communication is not a 'relationship'. You need to get him to tell you what's wrong.
  • Options
    i've tried but i think hes embarassed about it
  • Options
    The best way is communication....without him telling you exactly what hurts its hard to overcome the problem.
  • Options
    i've tried but i think hes embarassed about it

Then I would guess its him and not you.
  • Options
    i dunno i guess i just think its due to me cause its when hes entering, also surely if it was foreskin problems, the would have arisen when we first started having sex, rather than a few years in?
  • Options
    Not necessarily. He may have developed a small tear or something. This is why he NEEDS to tell you wtf is going on because you may be feeling guilty about something that isn't being caused by you. Tell him to get over himself and talk to you - or you will stay in as much dark about the problem as we currently are! ;)
  • Options
    Communicate...... Ask him what the problem is!

Communication is especially important in any sexual relationship. I am happy that my BF and I both like to communicate alot I guess, even though we have only been seeing eachother for 3.5 Months and sexually for the last 2 Months.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Not necessarily. He may have developed a small tear or something.
    as another example, he may have devoloped thrush which cleared up, but left him with a tightened foreskin. I can see why he wouldn't want to mention this - because while it is most likely to be an accident with the soap, he's going to worry you're going to think it was him playing around.
  • Options
    lube it up, as much as is needed!

my sexual encounters would have been a lot less exciting/more painful/less passionate/more frustrating if it wouldn't for this lovely substance!

"wet stuff" is my favourite lube :)
  • Options
    i had this problem too, when we came off the condom i started to notice it was harder to get it in, and could hurt me nob sometimes but i think its just because the girlfriends just a bit tight, but a bit of spit and every things alright :thumb: