Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

blushing and shyness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have just submitted my very first rant :)

what do you think? sorry if there are any top gear fans...

http://www.thesite.org/community/reallife/rants/beetrootblues

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    quick response! :D
    I am exactly the same...I blush at anything, it really gets me down :crying:

Talking to strangers, people in shops, friends and people I know I will just instantly go bright red. It's got to the point where I tend to just stay quiet so I don't have to speak and worry about going bright red :blush:

I never used to be as bad, I have always been shy but never had the problem of constantly blushing. It's got worse over the past few years.

I have been tempted to go to the Dr's but feel so stupid about it :o
    I'm glad you related. I blush at ANYTHING. It doesnt even have to be embarassing. I could be thinking 'it's great I'm not blushing' then kapowww :)
    It's quite good, but I don't see the real Rachael through. Where is all the fecal language, the terms of disparagement and ethnophaulisms you use when we converse? :( I'm sure thesite needed to turn it down a few notches for the readers faint of heart.

anyway, rachael = :)
    rachael + compliment = :blush:
    rachael + compliment + :naughty: = :o

good work
    I'm glad you related. I blush at ANYTHING. It doesnt even have to be embarassing. I could be thinking 'it's great I'm not blushing' then kapowww :)

Me too, then because you realise you are blushing and try to stop it the more red you go. In the end I look like someone has plonked a tomato on my head. Even my bf comments and is 'like seriously why are you so red?!' and all I've done is say hellp to someone in the street or bought something in a shop....I think I am destined to be a serial blusher forever :crying:
    I toned down a few really bad jokes! Thank you matthias :blush: None of you spotted my typo of 'violent' instead of 'violet' :p Heh heh. It's changed now.
    I toned down a few really bad jokes! Thank you matthias :blush: None of you spotted my typo of 'violent' instead of 'violet' :p Heh heh. It's changed now.

oh, I noticed, but I thought it was a freudian slip. We all know you are a real baddie who doesn't stop to apply means of oppression if someone points and laugh at your tomato-head :razz:
    leave my tomato head alone! hm it still reads violent..it should c hange soon
    That was a good rant. I like the Bjork joke.
    That was a good rant. I like the Bjork joke.

it isn't a joke :o:)
    I have a friend from Iceland. [/random]
    it isn't a joke :o:)

Can I come with you? I love Bjork. Probably the only older woman I have a crush on. :blush:
    Can I come with you? I love Bjork. Probably the only older woman I have a crush on. :blush:

of course! we will hound her together :yippe:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Have I ever told you before that I love the way you write stuff? :)

In any case, you'd be safe with me; I can never tell when someone's blushing. I don't even know what blushing looks like. Since I was a kid, whenever someone told me "Look, <name> is blushing" I could never see anything different than usual on <name>'s face.

But the typo is still there, and I did notice it before you said it. :p
    oops i am still a shade of violent, im sure i changed it..ah well.

thanks yorghos :D
    I blush at ANYTHING. It doesnt even have to be embarassing. I could be thinking 'it's great I'm not blushing' then kapowww :)

same :(
    i never know what to do, i can just feel my face burning
    i've tried just going 'this is so embarrassing!' or 'arrgh i'm bright red!'
    and i've tried pretending to be confident
    but it doesn't help.
    i hate people looking at me and attention, because i just turn into tomato girl :o
    i barely talk when i'm with my group of friends because i don't want all eyes to be on me.
    and my friend [a lad] has started giving me compliments because he knows i blush really badly. i just go 'yep. i'm a tomato.'
    sometimes i put my hands on my cheeks to try and cool them down but it draws more attention to my bright red face.
    arrrrrgh. :(
    Fantastic rant! I normally just moan about how it just seems to be jounalism students looking to pad out their portfolios but I can really relate at least to the shyness (I don't really blush so much tho).

My favourite bit:
    But I knew deep down in my little mild mannered heart that as the taxi driver made his inevitable apology, I would grin and tell him how absolutely fantabulously fine it was and maybe even reassure him that I like the rain. And thunder. And lightening.
    also, blushing is cute in girls

not so much in boys :p
    thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuu! :):)!! i may try write another one soon and submit it. other posters here should too, i will make a pact with someone :chin: