Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there everyone!

I was reading through some threads and in one someone mentioned love at first sight!

I wanted to know everyone's opinions on it, (noticed I said opinions, so no arguing peoples!)

I've always believe that there was no such thing as love at first sight! - To me there could be 'infatuation' at first sight or 'lust' but not 'love'
= Every time someone has said that they fell in love with me as soon as they saw me I could never take them seriously, and presumed that
it was just them saying it to try and make me happy and feel special

So come on guys? Whats the verdict?
:shocking:

Comments

• Options
    well i absolutley believe in it 100%

"Every time someone has said that they fell in love with me as soon as they saw me I could never take them seriously, and presumed that
    it was just them saying it to try and make me happy and feel special
    "

thats not always true most guys will say that genuinly but there are some nob ends out there who use women/lie etc etc.
  • Options
    I dont believe in it, i think people have an intrigue when they see someone the first time and think "wow i really like that person and want to get to know him/her better"

Personally i think love is something that needs to be built on, like how the person reacts to a crisis or pressure which cant really be found out by looking at someone.
  • Options
    I believe in lust at first sight but not love :no:

I don't think you can love somebody until you know who they are and more about them. Not just on first sight. Love and lust are hard to tell apart, I think thats why people say it's love at first sight when really it is just lust.
  • Options
    It was me who said love at first sight +it was :yes:
    We didnt actully do anything sexual till 4+half week later.
    Still together now 9 years in august.
  • Options
    No.

But I believe in something at first sight. The first time I met my husband I couldn't take my eyes off him, not in an OMG-I-love-him kind of way, but in a stranger, subtler way that I couldn't describe even now. We worked together for 3 years before we got together, and that feeling never went away - whatever happened in my life and however things were, he was always there in the background, and it built and built and built until it became inconceivable that I would ever be able to live without him.

It wasn't love, it was just something.

I think when people say they've had love at first sight it's just lust at first sight that turned out for the best.
  • Options
    I don't think that you can really love someone until you know them, and you can't know them at first sight. But if you see someone that you like a lot there is something there that makes you feel wow. I don't necessarily think it's lust, exactly, but it's not love either.

Pheromones maybe.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    No, I don't.

Something at first sight, yes. But love is much deeper than that.
  • Options
    love at first sight, hmmm kinda...

It's the feeling you get that you want to hump someone, when you see them, and when you get together and it turns out the relationship is perfect, then it was love at first sight.

If you get the feeling but the relationship is awful then, then it was apparently no love at first sight.

so it's just wishy washy.

I don't know. It's a continuum, reaching from "eww, wouldn't touch that." over "hm, with a paperbag over the head it might work." to "wow, she is cute I want her." ending in "HOLY DAMN, PENIS! TAKE CONTROL, I TRUST YOU IN THIS ISSUE." and if it's on the latter end of the continuum and you end up together, people like to call it love at first sight.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I believe in lust at first sight but not love :no:

I don't think you can love somebody until you know who they are and more about them. Not just on first sight. Love and lust are hard to tell apart, I think thats why people say it's love at first sight when really it is just lust.

Agreed. But i think you can certainly have some kind of spark at first sight, but not love.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

I think when people say they've had love at first sight it's just lust at first sight that turned out for the best.

Nail on the head, I reckon.
  • Options
    Well, I do believe in pregnancy at first shot, though.
  • Options
    love at first sight, hahaha
    total rubbish i think :p
    my friends all believe it and i'm like naaah!
    how can you possibly love someone when you don't know them ?
    as most other people have said-
    yeah you can be attracted to someone but you can't love them

has anyone ever really loved someone at first sight ??
  • Options
    nope
    don't believe it
    as emma said how can you "Love" someone that u've only seen
    you don't even know what type of person they are

yeah someone may say but i know them off the internet and i havn't seen them yet, in the internet you can pretend to be someone ur not soooo
    i defo don't believe in love at first sight
    but lust at first sight
    thats more realistic
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    "HOLY DAMN, PENIS! TAKE CONTROL, I TRUST YOU IN THIS ISSUE."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
    that made my day really :)
  • Options
    I agree that it is just an attraction at first sight and not love, It's interesting though that i've heard a lot of people (in rl and on tv programs) say that when they met the 'love of their life' they just 'knew' they were the one.. so there is def something goin on!
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I agree that it is just an attraction at first sight and not love, It's interesting though that i've heard a lot of people (in rl and on tv programs) say that when they met the 'love of their life' they just 'knew' they were the one.. so there is def something goin on!

and how many "knew" they were the one and it's meant to happen and then it failed? hm?
  • Options
    LOL fair enough! i've never experienced it myself, i've just heard it said a lot of times.
  • Options
    I don't believe in love at first sight but i believe that on rare occasions there is a something at first sight. Not just lust but some sort of deeper connection although maybe after the first meeting rather than the first look. I believe that sometimes something deep in inside just clicks. I say this only based on my own one past experience of this. I met my ex and knew that staight away my bachelorette lifestyle was in serious shit! :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Not litterally at first site.

You can't love somebody you've never had a convo with. But I do believe that you can fall in love with somebody relatively rapidly, even in one night, but you do at least have to have spoken to them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    love at first sight isnt love but lust, you instantly make an asumption on somebody based on your first impression, normally love at first sight isnt really love of a person but love of your idea of who the person is. sorry to say love at first sight is a myth like santa and the easter bunny, (sorry for breaking the fantassy kids 'hehe':banghead: )
  • Options
    I guess im the only one who believes in it haha :) I dont know if its lust or anthing but when i get that feeling its like "Dang i wish i could be doing all the couple stuff with her etc" not just sex..

dang :P