Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Speed - Your experiences

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm a new member here and this is my first post :wave:

I used to do pills, but have't done anything for over a year now. I did try some 'pills' again a few months back, but they proved to be total fakes and it generally seems very hard to find good pills these days.

Anyway, I recently bought some speed. It was sold as a gram of 'freebase', for £10, in a wrap the size of a small unblown balloon. It is mushy, texture like very smooth wet sand, white, couldn't detect an odor, maybe a slight bitter taste.

Now I have been reading some articles, and it appears that for first-time users the best mode of consumption is via speedbombs - consuming in rizla paper (about a pea-sized amount?)

But, what i am especially concerned with is the effects. some articles seem to confuse the effects of speed (amphetamine) with methamphetamine, other articles suggest that speed is used by soldiers, atheletes, workers to work for long periods of time.

So I would like to hear from people who use or have used this drug:

Will this substance make me feel "euphoric" and happy in the same way I felt when I took pills for the first time? Or is speed more about being able physically to dance for longer.

Does speed make you feel more confident in approaching members of the opposite sex?

It has been described as highly addictive - is this true? I never found pills addictive, even though many probably had some amphetamine in them.

Does speed affect (1) your libido (positively or negatively) and (2) your ability to perform sexually?

It has been said that you will stay awake for ages. Can you do meaningful mental work, say a couple of days after taking it? Or is your judgement clouded?

I know it sounds from my post as if I should have got some mdma powder instead of speed, but the last couple of times I have had mdma powder I just felt very calm and peaceful and chatty rather than confident, aroused, and euphoric.
Sorry for the length of the post, any contribution would be more than welcome.
Cheers :cool:

Comments

• Options
    I used to take lots of speed basically because i didn't like pills at all - in general whenever i took a pill i ended up feeling like i was totally out of control and probably going to die - especially in a club - i was ok when taking them at home. I liked speed because it was a high which i could control and monitor by taking more or less depending on how much i felt i needed. You get lots of little rushes and sometimes big ones - often relating to the music your listening too - I also often got one big rush as i came up which was great.

I used to take it mixed up in a sherbert dip dab or quite often mixed into a bottle of water or by just rubbing it into your gums - it does keep you awake and generally you feel a bit pants the next day and can't sleep - but i used to come down by taking a load of ket as well and then make myself ok for monday by eating a decent meal on sunday night and drinking some red wine.

It can however sometimes make you feel a bit sick especially if you mix it with alcohol which i dont' reccomend.

I have however never had sex on speed just becasue its never been something i've ever particually taken with a boyfriend so i can't answer that question really - but i guess its safe to say it doesnt' give you that all over huggy i want to have lots of sex thing which you get with pills.
  • Options
    discusting drug!! its probably been wetted down with something to make it seem 'base-ier'

bombin its all welll n good but it rips the stomach off ya, id snort it instead, athough you'll need to leave it sitting out somewhere to dry to turn it back into a proper powder

stings slightly to snort tho hits a lot faster

id avoid it completely to be honest but some people seem to love it .. each to their own!
  • Options
    Everytime I've taken speed it's always been a combination with E's, drink, blow or coke or some other shite with it, was always very hyper and talkative. Terrible comedowns though, electric shocks through the body, pins and needles in your face and all sorts of introverted cabbage.
  • Options
    i have taken speed,base,fast whatever u wanna call it on and off for yrs..it used to be good stuff a few yrs ago.the thing is there is no quality control on illicit drugs..if u do manage to get some reasonable speed,u will be mentally alert,confident,sweats and a good "come up" shit..when u have done that u will get some eurphoria..my partner and i normally have it once a month and then we have gr8 sex..without it we dont have sex drives..that can happen if u abuse it for yrs..when ur on ur "comedown"ur body will feel totally knackered,but u will still be buzzing abit mentally.eat bananas,drink cranberry juice...after a few hrs u will feel sleepy..dont use it too often coz it fucks up ur motivation,concentration,sleep pattern and sex drive..hope this helps
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,
    It's great you're looking for info on this drug before considering taking it - particularly from people who actually have experience of taking it and are well versed on the risks and as yerascrote points out, the chance of horrific come-downs.

You may find TheSite.org's factsheet on Speed useful if you haven't read it already.

If you are interested in more detail on the medical side of things, I'd recommend checking out erowid.org. :)
  • Options
    I have lousy sex with speed - if at all. With some drugs, I can get hard and fuck like a rabbit, but speed just deadens me.

I also have a weird side effect if I have lots of speed. I leak cum ... :blush: .. If I go into the toilet at a nightclub for a pee, I pass great big dollops of cum. Weird. I don't touch the stuff anymore.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I have lousy sex with speed - if at all. With some drugs, I can get hard and fuck like a rabbit, but speed just deadens me.

I also have a weird side effect if I have lots of speed. I leak cum ... :blush: .. If I go into the toilet at a nightclub for a pee, I pass great big dollops of cum. Weird. I don't touch the stuff anymore.

?! thats mad lol! :shocking:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

Lol That's pretty fucked up.

I hate speed, don't plan on ever touching it again tbh. Most of the speed you get is bollocks anyway.

The last time I took speed though, it was the strongest stuff I have ever had. It was basey as fuck, and for once, it actually had the strength to go with it. It blew my head off, and I was getting full on rushes and everything. The first problem was I was getting horrific headaches as I was coming up, though it didn't bother me too much at the time because the rush was so intense.
    Then it started sending me fucking loopy. I was rushing and loving it, but I was paranoid as fuck! I actually tested myself, and I literally couldn't stair at something for more than 10 seconds, for fear of someone coming up behind me. I was looking over my shoulder every 10 seconds. I have never had this from speed or any other drug before.
    Then...the comedown. Firstly I was coughing up this nasty black shit. Then I was actually depressed for like a week or two. Everything about my life seemed shit and I lost the motivation to do anything.

To be fair, this only happened to me once. I've never had such intense effects from speed before. But it was enough to put me off. I'll stick to pills and MDMA thanks.
  • Options
    Based on what I know from a few years ago now (I doubt it's changed much other than probably to deterioate in quality).
    stevex wrote: »
    Will this substance make me feel "euphoric" and happy in the same way I felt when I took pills for the first time? Or is speed more about being able physically to dance for longer.

The latter. There was occasionally some euphoric effect, but it's in no way the same as E was.
    Does speed make you feel more confident in approaching members of the opposite sex?

Not particularly. Although I suppose since it does encourage you to gabble about absolute nonsense it could make it easier to sustain a conversation, but unless the person you are talking to is on the same wavelength they'll probably just think you're a bit bonkers.
    It has been described as highly addictive - is this true? I never found pills addictive, even though many probably had some amphetamine in them.

I don't believe so. Probably some degree of addiction if you use it and enjoy it, I never experienced any physical dependency.
    Does speed affect (1) your libido (positively or negatively) and (2) your ability to perform sexually?

No to (1) and yes to (2) (in the sense that you go for longer)
    It has been said that you will stay awake for ages. Can you do meaningful mental work, say a couple of days after taking it? Or is your judgement clouded?

Not really sure what you're meaning here. After taking any reasonable amount I wouldn't expect to sleep easily for a good 12 hours, but obviously that depends on how much, the quality, and whether you just absolutely knacker yourself out. Some people say that pure orange juice lets you get to sleep, but that could just be an old wives' tale. I'd expect to be out of action the next day for any meaningful activity, but the day after that (once you've had a good sleep) you'd be fine, if maybe on a downer.

Then, the downsides. If you do it often it looses effectiveness pretty quickly, so you have to take more for the same effect. If you rub it into your gums often it'll mess them up.

I was sick every single time after getting back from a night on speed, and that was from stuff where we had a good source, god only knows what you'd get from people you don't really know. In the end we all pretty much gave up on speed, because it just wasn't worth it when you could have a pill, be more friendly, and not get the same harsh wake up call.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol That's pretty fucked up.

Then it started sending me fucking loopy. I was rushing and loving it, but I was paranoid as fuck! I actually tested myself, and I literally couldn't stair at something for more than 10 seconds, for fear of someone coming up behind me. I was looking over my shoulder every 10 seconds. I have never had this from speed or any other drug before.

Paranoia from Speed is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
  • Options
    I only ever took speed once many years ago.

I didn't really feel massively rushy from it, just more chatty. It wasn't until the next day that I realised I'd chewed the inside of my cheeks to pieces :eek: My cheeks swelled up like a hamster cos I'd done it so badly :D:o

I don't remember any specifics with regards to comedown but like I say it was just the once. Other people who used it more regularly in the past think of it as quite a dirty drug as the eventual paranoia can mess people up pretty bad.
  • Options
    Speed made me see things better & brighter, and my mind move quicker. I was all energized and 'wheeee'.
    I actually did work at school, and got an A on my english essay, ironically.
    It did keep me awake all night, though. And, nothing was ever enough. I had to do more and keep active. I had more confidence.

The come down was bollocks. I felt really, really shit. I couln't do anything because nothing was ever enough- in a bad sense. I couldn't watch tv or listen to a song all the way through, until I went into a catatonic sort of state where I just sat, playing cards and listening to the same song on repeat.

Fun times.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Speed is more like coke than ecstasy. I my opinion it's better but it has some serious draw backs. I personally find it more addictive with a harsher comedown than any other drug I 've ever had.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've taken speed loads of times and if I had to give it a compliment, I would say it serves its purpose. I have stayed awake for nights taking speed and mostly had great fun, but never much of a brilliant buzz. It gives you a longer lasting burst of energy that coke does, but you will feel worse for it.

In no way will it match the buzz that come from pills. You generally dont get the euphoria as you do with pills, nor the controlled euphoria of MDMA. You are energised, maybe with a slight buzz, but npthing to write home about.

The comedown can be horrible. I used to get jitters and shivers. I never really got the paranoia of pill comedown, but I probably would've prefered it.
  • Options
    i fell asleep :confused: :impissed:
  • Options
    i fell asleep :confused: :impissed:
    Funny that. We were sat round after a weekend-long bender, doing lines of speed. My mate did a massive line and then nodded off!