Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My first ever socks!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Oh wow! I am so scared of socks...
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Oh wow! I am so scared of socks...

:grump:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Are they broadripples? I love broadripples. The pattern is so addictive. Yours are gorgeous :D
  • Options
    Wow! They are so fun! :)
  • Options
    Are they broadripples? I love broadripples. The pattern is so addictive. Yours are gorgeous :D

Oh you are good!

And thank you all :D

I was a little dissapointed doing them, on the needle I wasn't seeing the pattern but once they are all strethed out on my ski feet the pattern definatly comes out better.

And you should try socks, Picc, they are quite easy... you did a freaking sweater! Clothing has to be the hardest thing ever. If you can do that, I'm sure a pair of socks will be a breeze.
  • Options
    thye look more comfortable than any of my socks :P
  • Options
    I've just seen this! They are fantastic, well done! I am very impressed

Piccolo don't be afraid of socks, just find a pattern and follow it exactly - even when the instructions seem a little strange, it will turn out ok. They are very easy :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    kangoo wrote: »
    I've just seen this! They are fantastic, well done! I am very impressed

Piccolo don't be afraid of socks, just find a pattern and follow it exactly - even when the instructions seem a little strange, it will turn out ok. They are very easy :)

:yes:

If you want, I have a sock pattern that I got free with some opal that I *know* works as it was my first sock pattern. I can send it to you if you want :)
  • Options
    Fun socks!! :D
    My socks are sooo boring, I need funky ones!
  • Options
    Woo just knitted my first hat with ear warming flaps and heidi braids! Would post a new thread by my camera has no battery so no pics yet, watch this space!
  • Options
    Your socks are so colorful and really nice.:blush:
  • Options
    wow! Its the type of socks that you wear when its very cold outside to keep your toes warm :yes: i want them :grump:
  • Options
    Hehe, say what? I'm afraid to see what kind of socks you british folk wear. :p I wear the plain white cotton/athletic socks all year long so those are actually very thin and not as warm!

Except in the winter when I bust out the wool socks you have to buy special at the outdoors store made for hunters and ice fishers. Oh those bad boys are toasty warm! But thats a whole nother topic :p