Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Student Loans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im ending my course in HNC illustration and thinking about switchin to photography next year, but again at HNC level.
My question is, will i still get a loan from SAAS (scottish student loans) if it is not a level higher than previous study? A girl in my class had trouble ALL YEAR concerning SAAS, their communication and sympathy is dreadful...
thankee
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im ending my course in HNC illustration and thinking about switchin to photography next year, but again at HNC level.
    My question is, will i still get a loan from SAAS (scottish student loans) if it is not a level higher than previous study? A girl in my class had trouble ALL YEAR concerning SAAS, their communication and sympathy is dreadful...
    thankee

I think you should look at their website! I don't know how it works for stuff that isn't a degree.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ask your student welfare advisors about it.

In England you only get funding for your first course of study, although you can extend your first course from a HND to a degree. If you do another course at the same level, you'll have to pay for it yourself.