Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bad boss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boss comes across as a complete idiot. Although she is a lovely person outside of work I'm getting more and more frustrated by some of the decisions she makes. Although a lot of them affect me directly, the majority impact more on the company. I love my job and enjoy going to work, but I don't know if or how I can compromise what is very bad management with my own love of the job I do.

Although in every job I can appreciate that there is a degree of inadvertant favouritism, but sometimes it's just so obvious here that it's laughable. People are promoted without any prior experience, and those that have experience are overlooked. I was promised a pay rise with extra responsibilities and this never came, yet I'm doing everything that those who get paid more than me do.

Just looking for a bit of advice really. Should this be something I tackle directly with management, or should I just see if it gets better by itself?

Comments

• Options
    Its up to you really. If you're willing to start some kind of disciplinary procedure against your boss because they are imcompetant and not doing their job (there should be policies and procedures for this) because you feel they are damaging the company you work for then go for it but it will be a long struggle and it will make work very stressful and probablynot a nice place to work.

It also wouldn't mean you get the promotion or more money you have been promised.

When you say you were promised this when and where was it promised? Is there anything in writing?
  • Options
    sneer wrote: »

When you say you were promised this when and where was it promised? Is there anything in writing?

No. It was just a verbal promise, which I realise doesn't really give me a leg to stand on, but it is frustrating never the less. It was a month ago when I told my boss I was going to hand in my notice, and so it was used as an incentive to make me stay.
  • Options
    Is that the main reason that you say your boss is bad or is there other serious stuff going on.

Sadly I don't think there is much you can do about perceived favouritism, other than to try and address the issue of promotion or better pay for the work you are doing in a formal setting eg at an appraisal.