Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Worried Sister

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A little background info before I go on. I am 22 and my sister is turning 21 this April. Her boyfriend is 26. Her and I share a 2 bedroom in a duplex. Edit: I should also add that I have 2 other siblings in the midst of this, my dad is a paraplegic and my uncle is an alcoholic. So its not like we are the partridge family or anything!
I used to use cocaine before my sister found out and told my mom. I almost ran away, until my Aunt came and talked to me giving me the hope I needed. I moved back home with my mom and dad to get straightened out. I'm back in university and life is good.

However, my younger sister, Kat, is using coke. I've known for months. Her boyfriend got her into it and the addiction is really starting to show. We finally had a big blow out when Mom came in to see us and after Kat took off, I spilled the beans. But it felt so good. She needs help. The thing is, as much as everyone tells me that I did the right thing, why is it that I feel so awful? Kat has totally written me off, she thinks I've betrayed her and she's moving out. She thinks I did this to make her and her b/f look bad and make me look good. I know that is irrational because I always knew that telling mom would jeopardize my relationship with her.

Anyone been through this? How did you cope? I'm going to talk to an addictions councilor tomorrow and I know that will help. But personal stories will help too.

Thanks for listening.

/end rant

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You did the right thing and feel uncertain and shit because you cannot know at this point the outcome of your decision.
    Theres no way you can know.
    You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and some conquered and valuable history too.
    I reckon ...if you examine your heart ...you will know you did the right thing.
    Thinking of you.