Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Guantanamo Bay - "calm and beautiful, and a loooot of fun!"

Well, Miss Universe said it.

"We hung out with the guys from the East Coast and they showed us the boat inside and out, how they work and what they do, we took a ride around the land and it was a loooot of fun! We also met the Military dogs, and they did a very nice demonstration of their skills. All the guys from the Army were amazing with us. We visited the Detainees camps and we saw the jails, where they shower, how they recreate themselves with movies, classes of art, books. It was very interesting... I didn't want to leave, it was such a relaxing place, so calm and beautiful."

:rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't see why they removed her blog post and wrote up an explanation for it. Just shows she, like the rest of us, aren't seeing in the shadows of what really happens over there.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm assuming that since she went to Guantanamo she was also visiting Cuba as a whole? Was there any way it couldn't have been that she wasn't referring to her whole holiday and not just the detainee camp?