You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Meet the parents...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont see no reason why he cant meet your parents, it would give a better insite on them (obviously :s) and it would show that hes serious about being with you..
    i think he should at least give you a decent reason. is HE quite clear that they know you're not about to get married? because it seems that may be what he's worrying about.
    I don't think it's a good excuse to be worried it might be awkward or that he doesn't see the point. Of course it's a bit scary meeting parents but if you plan to stay with somebody it's sort of unavoidable for it to happen. For me having my parents meet my bloke was also a sort of a statement to them that I was serious about him. Also, it gave my mom a peace of mind knowing who I was always staying with. :)

My guy had a really bad experience with the parents of his ex and he almost freaked when he found out my dad had almost the exact same name as his former father-in-law. After he met my parents he pretty much adores my dad, it's kinda cute when he goes on about how cool my dad is. :razz:

I don't think it's too much to ask of him to join them for a quick meal someday, especially if your parents meant a lot to you then it should be understandable that you want them to get to know the other important person in your life.