Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Meet the parents...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont see no reason why he cant meet your parents, it would give a better insite on them (obviously :s) and it would show that hes serious about being with you..
    i think he should at least give you a decent reason. is HE quite clear that they know you're not about to get married? because it seems that may be what he's worrying about.
    I don't think it's a good excuse to be worried it might be awkward or that he doesn't see the point. Of course it's a bit scary meeting parents but if you plan to stay with somebody it's sort of unavoidable for it to happen. For me having my parents meet my bloke was also a sort of a statement to them that I was serious about him. Also, it gave my mom a peace of mind knowing who I was always staying with. :)

My guy had a really bad experience with the parents of his ex and he almost freaked when he found out my dad had almost the exact same name as his former father-in-law. After he met my parents he pretty much adores my dad, it's kinda cute when he goes on about how cool my dad is. :razz:

I don't think it's too much to ask of him to join them for a quick meal someday, especially if your parents meant a lot to you then it should be understandable that you want them to get to know the other important person in your life.