Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

April fools

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Anyone got any plans to trick someone tomorrow? if so what is it :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohhhhh that would be telling ;)
    Funny story.

It's my boyfriend's birthday and my dad goes to Afghanistan!

April fools!

But not really...

...if anyone dares trick me tomorrow I swear I'll end up using their spine as a salt cellar. I just won't be in the mood.
    Funny story.

It's my boyfriend's birthday and my dad goes to Afghanistan!

April fools!

But not really...

...if anyone dares trick me tomorrow I swear I'll end up using their spine as a salt cellar. I just won't be in the mood.

right then..
    right then..

:)
    Yeah. I have a plan for my brother in the morning he is going to be so annoyed at what I have planned. :L
    Yeah. I have a plan for my brother in the morning he is going to be so annoyed at what I have planned. :L

What are you going to do?
    I really hate April Fools Day. It's just an excuse for unfunny people to do unfunny things and generally act even more annoying than usual.
    I really hate April Fools Day. It's just an excuse for unfunny people to do unfunny things and generally act even more annoying than usual.

You sound like a bundle of laughs! Lighten up! :)
    I liked the year there was that ad in the paper for the tv/microwave.
    squeal wrote: »
    You sound like a bundle of laughs! Lighten up! :)
    But it's true. Most practical jokes are terrible unless you're very original and clever, and last year in college it was mostly people pushing people, or stealing things then laughing and justifying it because it was April 1st.
    But it's true. Most practical jokes are terrible unless you're very original and clever, and last year in college it was mostly people pushing people, or stealing things then laughing and justifying it because it was April 1st.

Be one of the clever ones then! I never bother, anyway, I will be at home all day and by the time I am up the house will be empty, I don't think the dog will appreciate being April Fooled and I haven't got the guts to do anything to the post man.
    cheers for the reminder :naughty::naughty::naughty:
    ARGH! I'd forgotten it was April Fools Day, thanks for the reminder.

I'm not really a fan tbh.
    Me and my sister once stuck a paper fish to my nanna's back when she walked to the shop. (It's a french thing).
    But I think that's the only thing I've ever done.
    Normally ring my mum up and tell her I'm pregnant. Does the trick.

Might not be so effective now, though, cause I've reached the age where I probably should be, and she'll only be disappointed in me when I tell her it's not true.

Maybe I'll text the husbando and tell him I've compulsively bought a goat.
    I'm getting my mums boyfriend (now my step dad to be) back from last year he got me bad, ill share the story

we were in the end of moving house just a week or so before the removal van came, and my pc and some clothes were still unpacked. And he woke me up asking me to help him to move the sofa. I asked why and he goes "The removal vans here have you packed", i crapped myself as i still had things unpacked and he goes, oh yeah april fools >_<
    Olive wrote: »
    Normally ring my mum up and tell her I'm pregnant. Does the trick.

Might not be so effective now, though, cause I've reached the age where I probably should be, and she'll only be disappointed in me when I tell her it's not true.

Maybe I'll text the husbando and tell him I've compulsively bought a goat.

Do it!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I do plan to (try and) trick someone. In fact I've already set the plan in motion, and unless something I've not expected happens, it will happen on its own without me required to do anything more.
    However, I won't say anything about it until after it's happened (although the "victim" is highly unlikely to see this message). I'll post it tomorrow afternoon then.
    I'm going to tell everyone I've contracted HIV. :hyper:
    The first one of the day.
    Consolidating its position at the cutting edge of new media technology, the Guardian today announces that it will become the first newspaper in the world to be published exclusively via Twitter, the sensationally popular social networking service that has transformed online communication.

I would do one, but my parents are going to a funeral today, so it might be in bad taste.
    April Fools Day

Last year somebody cling wrapped my car. It was very annoying and took me over an hour to pull it all off and then there was environmental issue what to do will all that plastic - Not happy Jan:(
    Two more here and here.

Still, none of them can beat the BBC's Spaghetti Trees hoax in the 50s - see here.

Also, BMW run an annual joke ad in some of the papers. Here's a list of some of the more recent ones - http://www.bmweducation.co.uk/coFacts/view.asp?docID=49&topicID=5
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I do plan to (try and) trick someone. In fact I've already set the plan in motion, and unless something I've not expected happens, it will happen on its own without me required to do anything more.
    However, I won't say anything about it until after it's happened (although the "victim" is highly unlikely to see this message). I'll post it tomorrow afternoon then.
    I had set up a colleague's computer to run a small program that displays an error message: "Error 1APR09 Press OK to delete all files". Then "Are you sure?". Both times it makes no difference what you press, then a progress bar shows up with "Deleting all files" and a percentage, and also a "Cancel" button that does nothing.
    Then another message that reveals it's a prank.

It worked, but she didn't panic as much as I'd expected.