Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Waiting for results

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Guess i just need somewhere to talk at the moment. I've been so stupid in the past when i was younger with regards to unprotected sex and i guess now i'm paying the price. Finally bit the bullet and went and got STD tests done today but am now so stressed as realise i have to wait 3 weeks. It's like a death sentence and i realise i only have myself to blame. I guess the thing that's really worrying me is if i do have something that i could have passed it on to my one ex partner in the last three years. I know if i'd have had something myself i could deal with it but i'll never forgive myself if i have passed something on as it'll do him so much damage as he's emotionally struggling at the moment as it is.
Realise this is the lesson you learn. Guess i'm learning the hard way instead of having been sensible. In a way i think i could deal with anything other than HIV, Syphilis and Hep C. They're the main three which are really really worrying me. Keep feeling like it would be a miracle if i had nothing.
I'm not usually an emotional type of person but at the moment i'm borderline losing the plot as i keep imagining the horror ending. :( Going a bit crazy even though i'm trying to calm myself by thinking there's nothing i can do now. Not really got anyone to talk to either. Have texted my ex as want him to know what i'm doing so he can go do the same and get his head round it.
Sorry, realise there's nothing anyone can do but it's helped just to get it off my chest. Anyone else been in the same situation maybe?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your ex willingly had unprotected sex too, hes knows the risks too so dont beat yourself up over it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just think, even if it is the worst result, it's not the end of your life, and you will cope with it whatever the outcome.

I was in a situation where i went with my then partner for STI checks, they said 3 weeks for all, and a week for the HIV- if i didnt hear back about all the others i was clear... which thankfully i didn't!

bit of a wierd way to do it thou!