Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self Harm Poems *could be triggering*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I self harm but only in reaction to the relationship I'm in, no other time, he thinks it's weird and it makes me worse.

I found this on a site, article and poem
Poem : http://www.authspot.com/Poetry/The-Deepest-Cut-of-All.614127

Comments

• Options
    Self harming.. what is in it for you? satisfaction?

I know I like to pick at a scar sometimes but not one I intentionaly
    put there..

Self harm is a cry in the dark for attention, how about do something
    creative to get attention rather than cut yourself.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

That's a massive and very unfair assumption to make - there could be any number of reasons why someone self harms and lots of people actually hide the evidence which certainly suggests getting attention isn't a factor.

angel66, welcome to TheSite.org :wave: I'm going to edit the heading of this thread as that poem could be really triggering or distressing for some people. Feel free to post in the health and wellbeing forum for support and advice about your specific situation. :)
  • Options
    Triggering Poem

Wasn't meant to be, sorry, that's the last thing I want to do, I have those problems myself, just think it expressed it well. People don't generally understand, delete the link if you think it would be triggering, I am trying to help and looking for help myself, not to make it worse.
  • Options
    Self harming.. what is in it for you? satisfaction?

I know I like to pick at a scar sometimes but not one I intentionaly
    put there..

Well that's supportive. Clearly you know everything there is to know about the subject and are happy to offend the many current and former harmers on this site.

Well done.
  • Options
    Hey, I'm not saying it definitely will be triggering, just there's a chance and we just need to be wary that people do sometimes react to things in different ways. Anything that helps to express how you're feeling is probably of benefit to others to try and understand - so for that reason I think it's OK to stay. :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its not the first time Lucid Has made posts like this and upset users,,,,,,
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Its not the first time Lucid Has made posts like this and upset users,,,,,,

:no:
  • Options
    Time for some actual constructive criticism!

What about the use of punctuation in your poems? I feel that it would help in the way that they actually scan, making the lines stronger.

Also, I really liked the way you use words. I think you could benefit from exploring different styles of poetry, rather than an abab mode.

Good stuff!
  • Options
    Time for some actual constructive criticism!

What about the use of punctuation in your poems? I feel that it would help in the way that they actually scan, making the lines stronger.

Also, I really liked the way you use words. I think you could benefit from exploring different styles of poetry, rather than an abab mode.

Good stuff!

The impression I got was that it wasn't her own poem, but one she found and liked. :)

ETA: the article with it seems pretty sound :thumb:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    The impression I got was that it wasn't her own poem, but one she found and liked. :)

ETA: the article with it seems pretty sound :thumb:

Whoops! Oh well :)
  • Options
    thats a lie! most people self-harm secretly, not telling anyone at all, so its hardly a cry for attention!!! your blind, people mostly self harm so they can feel a relief from all the stress or pain they are going through!

you have probably offended millions of people with that comment-including me!
  • Options
    Hey Jodie,
    Welcome to TheSite :wave:

It's always worth checking the dates on threads as this one was posted back in 2009 and so firstly the discussion is done and dusted and secondly I'm not sure the person you were offended by is even still around.

However, if you're interested in the topic or want to post about your feelings at all, then do go ahead and check out the health and wellbeing forum. :)
This discussion has been closed.