Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid sodding neigbours

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know why I'm up at this time?

Because the people in the building next to me are being stupidly noisy.

I called my resident tutor but he didn't answer. I called the senior resident tutor but he didn't answer. I called the duty resident tutor who said she couldn't come out to do anything about it because she has the hospital in the morning. What the effing eff?! She kindly called security who I watched drive up, tell them to turn the music off and then buggered off again. Which is no sodding good as I specifically told the duty RT that they were shouting and loudly singing songs. Not just any songs. Away in a fucking manger. Who the fuck sings that?!

I had to complain about the same group of students on Saturday night and nobody did anything then. They only let us get some rest when my boyfriend marched over there at 5:30 on Sunday morning to shout at them and they shut the window on him.

I am frankly going insane here. This has been going on ever since I came here in September and I have been complaining everytime it happens...which is sometimes sporadically and sometimes 4-5 nights a week. I can't rely on the people who are meant to sort this shit out and I'm not moving. Partly because I'm here til Friday and then here for a month when I come back, and partly the reason I didn't move before because the university would charge me to me to a room where I wouldn't be woken up every night.

Now I'm gonna have to yet again email one of my seminar tutors saying I can't attend because I haven't got any sleep due to my neighbours.

Any suggetsions on what to do? God knows I've thought of some pretty petty ideas, but does anyone have anything good to suggest?

Comments

• Options
    Get some earplugs.
  • Options
    go to the seminar anyway. i would. i have done one day with no sleep, you'll just crash this evening and fall asleep whatever is going on.
    on a more inspiring note maybe you should go and talk directly to the group? maybe they'll listen if they don't have security asking them?
  • Options
    Complaianing about noisy neighbours is something I shal
    nhopefully never have to do, trying to get me awake
    is like rinsing blood from a stone.. it's never going
    to happen.

Away in a manger, lmao, probably with some sort of
    a funny twist to it.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Get some earplugs.

I have some. They don't drown out the racket this lot are making.

I tried talking to the group. I got called a stupid fucking bitch.

Now to try to continue with my essay and hopefully make some sense...

:mad:
  • Options
    Away in a fucking manger. Who the fuck sings that?!
    I tried talking to the group. I got called a stupid fucking bitch.

Talk about people singing a religious song, then contradicting themselves by swearing.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you live in halls!

The number of times people had parties, set the fire alarm off or broke into our flat when I had to be up at half 4 to be on placement for 7 was a joke. But thats what I expected when I decided to go and live in halls.
  • Options
    I expected a bit of noise but it is only this one flat I can hear. Can't hear anyone in my building or anyone in the kitchen next to my room, just this one flat who have been pains since I moved here.

I don't get it though, it's deadline week. Surely they must have work due in, I only know one first year who doesn't as her deadline was yesterday!

Tonight is going to be awful. They've been going for about 2 hours already and it's a day-glo rave at union tonight :(
  • Options
    Go higher- call the police for noise disturbance. They may not come out immediately but eventually they will, and that might shock them into being respectful. My halls at uni dealt with this a lot better.
  • Options
    quite possibly not the best way to go about it but is their phone number their flat number?

when i lived in halls it was really easy to work out peoples room phone number and i used to constantly ring the persons room phone when i got up in the morning that had been keeping me awake. It did improve the situation and it made me feel a lot better