Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

my first football match

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im going to the football!
Scotland v. Iceland...i think
1st football match ever!
Bet i stand out like a sore thumb
Any advice? Will i enjoy the atmosphere as much as everyone says?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends, every ground/international game is different.

with tottenham obviously being the best stadium in the country in terms of atmosphere, but if you want to sit there, make no noise, sit around loads of anti english people, and not be allowed to show any english tattoos, then the emirates stadium is the place for you :yippe:
    TBWAH. wrote: »
    depends, every ground/international game is different.

with tottenham obviously being the best stadium in the country in terms of atmosphere, but if you want to sit there, make no noise, sit around loads of anti english people, and not be allowed to show any english tattoos, then the emirates stadium is the place for you :yippe:

Pfffft.

WHL only has one chant! St. Mary's is clearly the best. With Craven Cottage a close second.
    YES! MON THE SCOTS!

I love the atmosphere at football games. Actually *love* it. It's always amazing (but better if you're on the winning side).

Also a good excuse to blow off steam and swear like a trooper.
    Haha i am Scottish and will, therefore, be supporting Scotland :D
    Luckily i have no tattoos of England flags lol :lol:
    Ahh football games..... Elland Road has possibly the best atmosphere in England. C'MON LEEDS, PROMOTION THIS YEAR!!

Brighton's Withdean Stadium is poor but the new stadium being built is going to rock. Hopefully the atmosphere will improve aswell!

Aint been to the new Wembley yet....gonna go to the first England game there after I get back if I can though.
    Did you enjoy yourself then?

Thought we were pretty crap overall, glad Alexander, McGregor and Ferguson got dropped though - Alexander especially was rubbish against Holland at the weekend. Fletcher, Hutton and Morrison all did well.

Not convinced about Burley as manager though.

3 points though, and a good bounce for the goals. Jobs a good'un :thumb:
    Fucking Win!
    Have to admit i didnt think we'd win, just cos...y'know...it's Scotland. Lol. But i was wearing my cap and scarf and cheering along. I loved the crowds afterwards and stood taking photos for a bit :D
    Overall highly enjoyable!!
    ...Apart from the ex trying to hold my hand throughout :P
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Ahh football games..... Elland Road has possibly the best atmosphere in England. C'MON LEEDS, PROMOTION THIS YEAR!!

:yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :D:D:D
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Didn't realise 20,000 plastic seats could sing!
    TBWAH wrote:
    tottenham obviously being the best stadium in the country in terms of atmosphere

:lol:

Depends if you consider racially abusing central defenders to be a good atmosphere really. Spuds fans always made me laugh, ever since they got their knickers in a twist about Bosnich; singing songs about HIV is much more appropriate, obviously.
    Scotland v. Iceland...i think
    1st football match ever!

Can't believe nobody else has pointed out that it can't be a football game if Scotland are playing :p
    Kermit wrote: »
    Didn't realise 20,000 plastic seats could sing!

:lol:

Depends if you consider racially abusing central defenders to be a good atmosphere really. Spuds fans always made me laugh, ever since they got their knickers in a twist about Bosnich; singing songs about HIV is much more appropriate, obviously.

Can't believe nobody else has pointed out that it can't be a football game if Scotland are playing :p

YOU IGNORANT CUNT, now, seeing as your the expert, tell me exactly what was sung to campbell that caused such a mess..

ill be waiting for your reply

go & google it
    Its ignorant daily mail reading fuckers like you that have turned this country into the piss pitt it is today
    Pfffft.

WHL only has one chant! St. Mary's is clearly the best. With Craven Cottage a close second.

you have to be joking
    TBWAH. wrote: »
    YOU IGNORANT CUNT, now, seeing as your the expert, tell me exactly what was sung to campbell that caused such a mess..

It was enough to see a load of Spuds fans get nicked and prosecuted for it, which means the police think it was obscene abuse. As for what was sung, that's been reported in every newspaper in the land.

But lets choose a delightful sample chant:
    Spuds fans wrote:
    Sol, Sol, wherever you may be / You're on the verge of lunacy / And we don't give a fuck if you're hanging from a tree / You Judas cunt with HIV."

Although Spuds do get bonus points for rhyming tree with HIV.
    Its ignorant daily mail reading fuckers like you that have turned this country into the piss pitt it is today

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear, you lose. Not only is the insult completely wrong (I'm one of those lefty liberal Guardian types, FYI) you can't even spell it properly.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Oh dear, you lose. Not only is the insult completely wrong (I'm one of those lefty liberal Guardian types, FYI) you can't even spell it properly.

Actually you both lose for arguing over the internet so hush.
    I'm made of win, loser.
    then explain whats so racist about the song

what a idiot