Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Am I Strange..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct place (?)
I admit I'm a Virgin, but I used to Self-Harm, and today was just strange..!
My best friend, who I actually like, but I hate the feel of pain on my arm now and My friend told me as a joke that he can do tattoos, I asked him to demonstrate it on my arm snd he dug the nib of the pen(Which can give me ink poisoning) right into my arm and I actually liked it, I felt kinda turned on for some reason and I havnt admitted it to him =/ although I told my other friend she was surprised that I found someone knew, I dont think she paid enough attention though....

So, sorry for blabbing on&on but I wanna know if this is strange, especially for a 13yr.old =| :confused:

Hannah

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds a bit weird in my opinion getting turned on by pain..i have no idea what to suggest though.
    I wouldn't say it is strange more worrying. Like you have already said, doing such an act can give you ink poisoning which can be dangerous. You shouldn't be harming yourself anyway, especially not with a pen. Obviously you have underlying issues with the previous self harm and what not and these need addressing. Did you speak to anyone about it previously?
    No Only My Other Friend, She Was More Interested in the fact that I like someone else...! She doesnt pay attention much, due to the fact her friend was upset, I told my mother and she seemed to be more interested in something else....(?)

I should speak to someone about it but I dont want to much attention like last time and it's embarrassing talking about sex in-front of your parents... especially if it's something I've done, They'd never expect me to do something like that =[
    Oh hold on, I apologise, I thought you meant was it weird to use a pen to tattoo yourself, but you mean is it weird to be turned on by such a thing, right?

I suppose not, some people like pain which is why people use whips and bondage etc during sex, each to their own and that. Although that is more something adults do, at thirteen it is a little young but it's not weird, everyone likes different things and there is no shame to be turned on by something (well some things there are) but not that.
    he insisted on me having the "tattoo" but I'm more worried about the fact I Get turned on By pain, I think it's because I'm used to it or something?
    Id be worried too.
    When you used to self harm, I guess it was something you did by yourself, and kept private.

While pain is within the normal range of things that turn people on, it might not be the pain that is turning you on.

It is possible that it is the intimacy, him (unknowingly) sharing in this private experience of yours that is turning you on.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    When you used to self harm, I guess it was something you did by yourself, and kept private.

While pain is within the normal range of things that turn people on, it might not be the pain that is turning you on.

It is possible that it is the intimacy, him (unknowingly) sharing in this private experience of yours that is turning you on.

So What your saying is that when I used 2 self-harm I would be used to only me doing it with him not knowing it he continued to do it and I just got used to the fact and let him hurt me anyway? Next time (hopefully) he doesnt do it then =[

Thanks very much for your help peeps =P
    Not quite, I'm saying because it's something that is secret and special to you, him doing it let him into your secret world, and that made what he was doing very deeply personal, and because he was doing something very deeply personal, THAT was the turn on.
    Not quite, I'm saying because it's something that is secret and special to you, him doing it let him into your secret world, and that made what he was doing very deeply personal, and because he was doing something very deeply personal, THAT was the turn on.

oohhh, right thank you, tbh i'm not that smart =P
    Sorry bout blabbing
    I'm not being funny but is it really that unusual to be a virgin at 13, these days? Has society really gone so far that the very idea has become so Ripley's Believe It Or Not?
    I'm not being funny but is it really that unusual to be a virgin at 13, these days? Has society really gone so far that the very idea has become so Ripley's Believe It Or Not?

Yes, actually, I think it has.
    It's not strange because piercing your arm with a pen is hardly pain. It's more of a sharp nip which under the right circumstances can feel nice.

The combination of mild pain and pleasure just feels nice. Most people like it or would like it but it's not something people would try.

It's different if you were into severe pain which would either mean your brain is wired in a strange way as some people actually feel pleasure from extreme pain. Or it would mean that you're unhappy and the severe pain provides a release.

It sounds like you got some pleasure from the experience rather than a release from hurting yourself so IMO it's not something to worry about.

XHanzX2 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct place (?)
    I admit I'm a Virgin, but I used to Self-Harm, and today was just strange..!
    My best friend, who I actually like, but I hate the feel of pain on my arm now and My friend told me as a joke that he can do tattoos, I asked him to demonstrate it on my arm snd he dug the nib of the pen(Which can give me ink poisoning) right into my arm and I actually liked it, I felt kinda turned on for some reason and I havnt admitted it to him =/ although I told my other friend she was surprised that I found someone knew, I dont think she paid enough attention though....

So, sorry for blabbing on&on but I wanna know if this is strange, especially for a 13yr.old =| :confused:

Hannah
    Yeah, the intimacy combined with mild pain creates pleasure. That's normal and very different from self-harm pain.

It's not anything to do with that, I'm just not one of those sluts in my school, even my friends are virgins, they're 12-14 and I dont mind -.-
    Plus not many people actually like me in that way..

Btw, thanks for advice guys ! =D

:wave:
    You're 13, hormones are raging.
    Agree, But The truth is I was never like this at a young age, and I matured quicker than my other friends... =/