Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Long, pathetic ranty moan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm with this guy I've known all my life, and liked from the word go. We've been together for about 3 months now and like any couple we have our ups and downs...but the downs are really bad. He talks to me like crap sometimes, especially after he's had a drink and isn't particually affectionate in anyway, which I've pretty much come to terms with-some people are like that right?

Anyway last night we had a bit of a row, I was in a mood anyway and he was being a bit of a dick so it was a bad combination from the start. I ended up walking out the pub and back to his flat (where I practically live) via my house where I usually live with my granparents and mum. They, having seen me in a crying stat over this guy plenty of times before where not impressed and begged me to stay at home for the night but I, glutton for punishment, went back to the flat anyway. I didn't have my key (which he knew) and so I was waiting outside for him. He wouldn't answer his phone to me and in the end two of his mates came to rescue me. I was upset as in my eyes it should have been my boyfriend, not his mates coming to see if I was ok. We ended up picking him up and back at the flat had the biggest row of all time. I think he was delibratley trying to get a rise out of me, saying really spiteful things to me, comparing me to his jealous controlling ex, even calling me by her name. This wound me up so much I smashed my phone and slapped him across the face. I immediately burst into tears at this point as I have never behaved like this, I was so ashamed of myself.
He then wouldn't talk to me, only to tell me to 'Shut up' and 'Fuck off'. I'm the type of person who cannot sleep on an arguement but eventually I gave in and just tried to settle down to sleep. He slept on the sofa.
This morning he wouldn't talk to me, if I tried to touch him he'd tell me not to, just to leave him alone. I said I wanted to know if he wanted me there at all, so we could talk later and get things sorted or if I should just leave, he said he didn't care. So sucker that I am, I stayed. Because I didn't get any sleep and feel really jittery I didn't go to work and as I broke my phone I couldn't call them. Luckily I managed to contact my mum and she called work for me and performed a blag...
I've tried talking about random little things to get some conversation out of him, I went to the shop and got milk and a kinder egg as a peace offering. I tried talking to him about the ps2 game he's been plaing all morning. He told me he was hungry and so we ordered a pizza and he said whatever we don't eat now we can have later to which I said 'So you want me here later?' He said 'I suppose'.

What the hell has happened to me? I can't believe I'm letting someone treat me like this, he's got this hold over me and I just don't know what to do. When it's good with us I'm so happy, I feel like my heart could burst but when it's like this it feels like it's breaking.

This is more of a winge than anything else, I just feel so sad. All of my friends are either enagaged or in seriously smitten relationships. I've tried meeting up with mates but they are always too busy with their other halves!

I just don't know what to do. I love this guy so much but he just won't talk to me about stuff, and he can be so spiteful.

Raahhhhhh

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tough one all right. I can understand why you hit him, he needs to wise up when drunk. Suppose you need to have a big talk, I was like that with my ex. The ups were great and the downs were awful, didn't work out in the end.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I can understand why you hit him, he needs to wise up when drunk.

Would you say that if a man had hit a woman?

Violence is never acceptable!

It sounds like you two need some space to work out what you want - particularly him and what he wants
    FCUK it wrote: »
    Would you say that if a man had hit a woman?

I didn't say anything about the morality of it all. Just that I could understand why she done it. Violence is ok sometimes.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I didn't say anything about the morality of it all. Just that I could understand why she done it. Violence is ok sometimes.

It's acceptable to understand this scrote's acceptance of violence :rolleyes: