Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mini-rant

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
My favourite singer has a concert this Thursday, but given the time he usually ends it and how long it will take to go home, I'll not be able to get more than 2-2.5 hours of sleep before having to get up and I'll be sleepy like hell the next day.
Why could it not be Friday? :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll be fine! Just go for it, you only live once. You can soon catch up on your sleep, it's not everything, you'll have forever to sleep once you're dead.
  • Options
    When it comes to seeing my fave bands or singers, everything else goes completely out the window.

So do it! :)
  • Options
    When it comes to seeing my fave bands or singers, everything else goes completely out the window.

So do it! :)

Amen to that :)
  • Options
    Just go, you'll end up regretting if you don't go. You can always catch up on sleep, gigs with you fave singers etc dont come that often.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Amen to that :)

Gospel :yes:
  • Options
    Just stay up??
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Just stay up??

Yeah! Do this! Get the energy drinks in and your next day will be immense cause you'll be hyper off the drinks *and* from the night before!
  • Options
    Or call in sick the next day and catch up on sleep then
  • Options
    Actually this is a point, what do you have the next day? Anything important? Your a student arent you ... so that would be a no, nothing important :p

No biggie then!
  • Options
    No way I'm staying up, I don't even drink coffee or anything. I'd be literally falling asleep by noon.
    As for what I have, I'm getting up at 6:30am to be at the office by 9.
    I guess I'll go anyway though...
  • Options
    Yeah just go, have a laugh :)
  • Options
    No way I'm staying up, I don't even drink coffee or anything. I'd be literally falling asleep by noon.

:yippe: You can do it! Although I will laugh if you fall asleep at the office but it shall be worth it I am sure.
  • Options
    :chin:
    According to the page on facebook, it's until 3am. And he's usually late!
    Supposing I can find a taxi in less than 30 minutes (that's how long it took last time) the earliest I'll be home is about 4:30, give me 30 mins in the least to get ready for bed and that leaves an hour and a half!
    Not to mention that with all the crimes around here lately I'm a bit afraid to wander in the night...
  • Options
    Woo who is it too who you are going see?
  • Options
    Cant you book a taxi to pick you up after the gig? And 30 mins to get ready for bed? I usually just stumble in the front door and get straight in
  • Options
    Pavlos Pavlidis & B-Movies :p
    It's in Athens.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Cant you book a taxi to pick you up after the gig? And 30 mins to get ready for bed? I usually just stumble in the front door and get straight in
    I can never understand how people can take so little time to get ready for bed or in the morning! Although it's usually just me who takes longer.
    I got to change out of my clothes, brush my teeth, do toilet stuff etc. 30 minutes passes easily.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

Yeah what exactly do you do!? I walk through the door, go to my room, chuck my clothes on the floor and get in bed, all in about 3 minutes not 30!!
  • Options

can you ask your boss if you can start at lunch? most of my jobs have been fairly flexible with things like that.
  • Options
    I could ask, but I don't see why it would be allowed.
  • Options
    I could ask, but I don't see why it would be allowed.

Say you have to take your 'nephew' to nursery at 10am or something and so need some flexi hours for this day only :p
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Say you have to take your 'nephew' to nursery at 10am or something and so need some flexi hours for this day only :p

Just pull a sicky ;)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Just pull a sicky ;)

Erm yeah, that would be better!

I'm still getting over taking 30 minutes to get ready for bed :razz:
  • Options
    if you dont drink coffee the energy drinks will have you flying hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, i find its hard pulling an all nighter until noon or at the worst 2pm...then you're just too tired to sleep :p
  • Options
    Not sure why it would be allowed - but in the past I have asked for various things like a driving test and they just say thats fine. Of course if you ask, they say no, then you pull a sickie, they might get suspicious. :p
  • Options
    I think a driving test is a little more of an important reason to have the morning off than because you had a late night out seeing a band though :p
  • Options
    yea I guess. I knew and know several guys who ask for half days on weekends if they're going off for the weekend or something and never heard of it being a massive issue. Either they like you to make up the hours or just mark it as holiday so you still get paid.
  • Options
    I suppose it depends whether you're a favourite or not Indrid :p
  • Options
    Lies are out of the question, it's a small company so we tend to know each other more than you'd expect. It's not easy to make something up, and I'd have misgivings about doing it anyway.

I could ask for a day off I suppose (I'm owed one anyway) but I also had today off, for another reason (stayed longer than I have to a few times). I don't feel well about asking a second one in the same week.
  • Options
    Lies are out of the question, it's a small company so we tend to know each other more than you'd expect. It's not easy to make something up, and I'd have misgivings about doing it anyway.

I could ask for a day off I suppose (I'm owed one anyway) but I also had today off, for another reason (stayed longer than I have to a few times). I don't feel well about asking a second one in the same week.

If it's a small company, then maybe they'd make allowances?

I once said to my work, 'Hi, I'm going to London to see Muse so I'm not coming to work.' And they were like, 'Okay' cause I'd agreed to swap with someone else.

Muse come before food on the table :heart: