Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i can't really take this anymore

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mum called me and had a really long convo with her after really opening up to her in an email.

she said that if i wanted her to, she would just jump on a plane and come over...part of me desperately wants her to, part of me is really scared at the thought...

i called my best friend, she's worried and was nearly crying down the phone for me, she wants me down in exeter for the weekend so she can keep an eye on me...

i just want to feel good...

let them help, get your mum to come over, she's offering and you need her.
    or go and see your friend

hope you're feeling better :)
  • Options
    i've sent my mum a message, i'm hoping she'll be here within the next 48 hrs...if she can i know she'll try to get here by tomorrow evening.

i went out to see my friends gig, and it was great, but on the way home these creepy guys started talking to me and a friend, and i totally freaked out, the screaming in my head started again, i felt sick, palpitations, panicy and shakey...

everytime i eat now i feel sick...its really worrying me now...
  • Options
    my mum is flying in tomorrow night, i'm going to meet her at the airport.

spent most of the day in bed, felt seriously fragile and this afternoon i got a really big self harm urge- i went to a friends and it made me feel a lot better but i need to get rid of anything razorblade like in my room. still no appetite, managed a sanwich but afterwards i felt sick. I actually picked up my guitar for the first time since my breakdown and i felt so much better for actually being creative.

i keep comparing all of this to a battle, and i was actually contempating drawing up a battle plan...it sounds like a good idea but i'm not sure where to start.
  • Options
    Have you drawn up a recovery plan with your psych team yet? i can send you the questions i have on mine if you want? it's really good, and i gave it out to my friends also, so they know when to help me.
  • Options
    the psych team have discharged me! i have no more contact with them asides seeing the psychologist, she may draw up a plan with me, but tbh, no body has done anything with me....

it would be great to see one though!
  • Options
    ARGHHGHHHHHHH!

I am sooo fucking angry! I have no support worker, no care co-ordinator, no psychiatrist, and the crisis team haven't even let my GP know whats going on, and thus i can't get a repeat prescription because they don't even know what pills i'm taking!

the uni nurse is really worried about me, as am i, i'm managing about 1 meal a day atm, and getting new side effects every day. today its light sensitivity!

my mum arrives tonight, i'm hoping that having her around will help me get better and not go into crisis again...its a never ending cycle of crap....
  • Options
    i feel like bawling my eyes out...

i just had a arguement with my dr's receptionist about how she thinks i should stay with them, and how no one else has ever complained about the dr bringing her religion into her practice. she also said that i should jsut deal with it, because the dr does have 4000 other patients....

So, the crisis team don't want to know, my dr doesn't want to know, what the fuck am i meant to do???

i'm getting freaked out about my meds now...
  • Options
    arrg, someone on your team needs to get their arse in gear! don't they realise all this can worsten your symptoms??!! *hugs* I'll dig out my care plan for you :)
  • Options
    getting new side effects every day. today its light sensitivity!

I have this (it's a side effect of my visual and brain problems) and I got told there are some people who have it, but there's no reason for it.
  • Options
    well, i went to the psychologist, and breathed a huge sigh of releif!

she's sorting out art therapy, a survivors support group, a support worker, possible CBT and this eye movement thing which is said to help, and i'm going to have weekly psychology sessions whilst i'm on the waiting list...

she was really understanding of what i'm going through and she's also sending me a list of books to work through!

i can't quite see the light at the end of the tunnel, but at least i now know its there!
  • Options
    Well, at least that's something. I hope you're not on the waiting list too long.
  • Options
    thought i'd just keep you all updated:

found myself zone-ing out in the last few days, had a few more little fits, but i feel like i'm making progress, none the less. I went to the zoo yesterday and had a flashback but it was really good to actually sit down with my mum and talk about it, rather than actually blocking it out and then my brain kind of shutting down on itself...

tiny steps, but they lead to huge progressions...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    tiny steps, but they lead to huge progressions...

Absolutely! :thumb:
  • Options
    I've had the eye movement thing if it's what i think you are talking about- EMDR or sth. I found it good :)
  • Options
    today has been a bit difficult. i forgot to take my meds in the morning and didn't take them until lunchtime, found myself getting really panicy and irritated, but at the same time, very in touch with the outside work. got really ratty and felt kinda withdrawn for the rest of the day until i went out and talked to a friend for a while. then i went to the pub with a friend who has also had mental health difficulties, and i didn't realise quite how down she is at the moment, and i felt like i needed to get her up, so i was suggesting all these ideas and i felt like nothing i said would help. i sometimes feel like i have to sort out the worlds problems and i know i can't but i wish i could....

:(

i'm still not great, wishing that things were better, feeling quite tearful now, possibly something to do with the 2 glasses of wine, amereto and coke, double vodka and coke, and half a cider...i really hope that tomorrow will bring a better day, but somehow i know it won't
  • Options
    Hi Twisted Trinity,

How are you doing today? Sound's like you put yourself under a lot of pressure to sort the world's problems out? A mission, as you have said, which is impossible. What do you think it would be like to put all these energies into concentrating only on yourself? Put yourself at the fore front of any decision made, or activity you do.

What kind of things were you suggesting to your friend? Do you think you could use any of the ideas yourself? This can be very difficult - "do as I say, don't do as I do" , as someone once said.

We know this was last week, but how was the time with your Mum?

Each day is a new day, so even if tomorrow doesn't pan out as you want - there will always be a new day to look forward to.

Take care - :)
  • Options
    yesterday was a bit difficult, i went into a catatonic state for about an hour and my mum couldn't understand what was going on and got annoyed with me. we've sorted it all out now, and she's gone home, it was good to have her here but its been a bit hard to completely be myself around her too. my fits have started to get worse, and i've had 2 little catatonic states this morning.

the kind of stuff that i was suggesting was both of us working together and when one of us is up to get the other out and going stuff, and such...but she said that was too hard.

today seems to be filled with appointments i don't want to go to - mentoring with a woman at uni who i really feel isn't interested in helping me as a person but is purely focused on my academic progress. plus, i've got a meeting with these people that are going to find me a befriender...it might be helpful, but right now i just want to stay in and be on my own...

i looked in the mirror this morning and i just thought i look like a heifer.

plus the one nice thing i was looking forward to has just been canceled and i'm really annoyed now...i've got fuck all to look forward to now...
  • Options
    Sound's like being with your Mum had it's positive and negatives. The suggestions you made for you and your friend are also good ideas. But perhaps your friend would find it hard to have that responsibility of trying to lift someone else's mood, when you know only too well how hard it is to get up up from feeling low. You both have to be ready in order to make that work.

Perhaps you could discuss with your mentor about how she makes you feel? Or discuss a possible change of mentor? The befriender sound's great, let us know how that goes.

Self-esteem and how we see ourself s is always determined by our mood. Try to think positive and take each step at a time.

:)
  • Options
    the last few days seem to have blured into one, i feel so up and down, and when i'm down i feel so far removed from the good moments...

i keep feeling sick...and i'm having such trouble crying when i want to...

i haven't writen songs for a couple of weeks, i should probably write more. i need something to occupy myself and i'm struggling to find things really.

i'm constantly seeking out people to spend time with i feel so lonely when i'm by myself, ended up going for a walk with people really late last night just to keep me occupied.

but right now i feel like i'm stuck in a pit underground with no way out...
  • Options
    it's nearly three and i've just woken up and thus really fucked up my meds for today, i've taken them any way but i'm sure i'm gonna be awake all night now.

i feel like i'm in two minds about everything, i want to go for a really long walk, but at the same time i'd rather be with friends so i don't have much time to think things over in my head. I really crave the solitude, but i know what happens when i get too much.

I ended up in bed with this guy i met at the student bar, it got really complicated and we didn't end up having sex, but all i could think about was how narcisitic he was. i had like this running commentry going on in my head, it was highly annoying.

I feel like i'm going around in circles and i'm just having cycles of good bad good bad, and not actually making any progress just getting kinda stuck.
  • Options
    i'm feeling really stressed out now. i've spent most of the day sorting out tomorrow (going to stonehenge), and it feels like people aren't happy with what i've done. it's a bit of a hassle as we've had to get a hire car and i have a friend who is a wheelchair user who's coming along. she's also really depressed, and was sectioned over xmas. She couldn't get herself out of bed today so i went over and got her up wrote a song with her and cleaned out her hamster. i still feel like i need someone to be the friend i am to everyone else, and theres no one there, i'm still putting more energy into sorting other people out than i am myself and its really fucking frustrating because its so much easier to help other than myself, and often i don't feel like a worthy cause. i can't consentrate on my own shit, it seriously takes it out of me doing anything to do with me. and i'm getting all anxious about money again because i don't think i'm going to be well enough to go back to work over the summer, but i don't know if i'll get income support. I really want some structure and stability, but more importantly i just want to feel better!
  • Options
    well today didn't happen and it feels like all my fault. But other than the not going to stonehenge, is seemed ok, until i went and spent time with my good friend who is also depressed and has serious mobility problems. I've been feeling ill for a couple of weeks, i'm really achey, very clicky, sore, irritated, often feeling very sick right now i don't feel far off puking and it normally takes quite a lot to make me chug. But i was telling her this and i was saying how anxious i am about sorting my DLA re-newal form out, and it felt like i was just being some pathetic attention whore and i shouldn't be saying anything because she's much worse off than i am. but i still feel shite! My IBS is quite bad right now, i feel so fragile, maybe i should spend most of the day in bed after my psychology appointment.
  • Options
    today has been the first day where i can say i've been happy. I've had some good news: my psychologist wants me to think about reducing my dose within the next month or so, which means i should be drug free within the next 3 months or so!

i'm feeling kinda peaceful today, got my acoustic guitar which i'm really happy about, i do though keep having this creaping feeling like i'm gonna wake up tomorrow to find it all back to how it was.
  • Options
    That's great to hear. I hope things continue to improve for you.
  • Options
    good news, i'm having my anti-psychotics reduced!
  • Options
    another quick update...

things have really improved, i'm actually feeling happy sometimes, and the world seems like a bit of a better place. I'm still having a good few melancholic moments, i've been told to read this book about recovering from child abuse by my psychologist, and fuck, its hard going and its brought back a lot of flashbacks and memories that i haven't had before - or at least for a very long time. and there are days, like today where i'm feeling totally overwhelmed - i've got my final deadline coming up for my extended work, i'm moving on tuesday - and i'll have to live out of a suitcase for 6 weeks because i'm moving into my semi-permenant flat (until i graduate), after that. i've met an amazing guy, who is being really understanding and supportive, which has really helped...

art therapy is going to start next week! i'm really looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Ooh I've always wanted to know what art therapy entails, keep us posted.
    You've got a finger in every pie haven't you - bibliotherapy, talk therapy, sex therapy...;)

But really, I'm glad things are looking up and some combination of these seem to be working for you.
  • Options
    well last week i had my last psychology session, wish i didn't know was going to be my last and i'm a little annoyed with it, but art therapy starts this week, so i'm looking forward to it, even though i know its probably going to be harder than the psychology. i've completely come off my anti psychotics now, which i'm pleased about, and i'm going to see my GP in the next month or so about reducing my dose of anti depressants. I'm not ready to come off, but i think reducing my dose will help me to feel less dependent on them. I'm giving the books a rest for a while because they are pretty hardcore and i'm finding them a little too much right now...

My boyfriend is continuing to be amazingly supportive and understanding but i just feel that with all my insecurities i'm gonna fuck things up...
  • Options
    Hi iv suffered very similar to you hounestly all my symptoms were very much the same as yrs
    you stated you were suffering from the following

Night terrors
    vivid nightmares
    flashbacks
    panic attacks
    depression
    paranoia
    mood swings
    obsessive thoughts about suicide

at 1 stage I cudnt watch tv for seeing the Walls around it my vision was blurred and my here,ing was so sensertive I wud jump to any noise I wud shut myself away trying to controll my panic attacks 4 hour at a time I cudnt sleep and when I eventually did I woke with panic an fere of falling through my bed I was seriously loosing the plot this went on almost 3yrs hounestly doctors wud tel me nothin was wrong 1 even told me I was a hypocondreact no 1 understood an in the end only god knows I started controlling my feelings emotions panic sleep an so on with my diet this all will seem a lil bit of a surprise but it gradually started taking the madnes away pls read my thread road to recovery and there's a bland but very effective elimination diet on there I don't suffer any of these symptoms any more but only because I completly eliminate thos harmfull chemicals stated
    good luck.
  • Options
    went to the dr today, and she has suggested that i reduce my dose of my antidepressants to 50mg a day...from 100 that seems quite a big jump...i'm kinda scared about it, it seems like a really big step, and yes it means i'm getting loads better, but i don't know if i'm ready and it kinda feels like a comfort zone, yet at the same time i don't want to be totally dependent on them....

help?!