Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stomach pain/nausea after eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I totally didn't want to do this, because I figured it's just a short thing that will go away but eh. It's not going away and it hurts.

Every time I eat something, can be anything from a chocolate bar to a pizza, my stomach starts hurting after about 10-20 minutes. If I've eaten something big (like a dinner-sized meal) it comes with nausea and feeling weak/dizzy, which gets worse when I stand up. Last night was horrible and I was so close to going and making myself sick to make it go away. It started about two-three days ago and it's gotten worse.

Any ideas about cause? I haven't changed anything in my diet, I'm still eating the same crap I always did. I had a weird thing on Tuesday where it felt like my gums were bruised and it hurt to eat but I think that was just from over-zealous brushing my teeth. If needs be I will see a doctor but the earliest I can go is Tuesday.

Also - my digestion seems to be working triple-time. I normally 'go' once a day or not at all, and for the last two days I've been twice before dinnertime and last night I felt like I needed to go after dinner too, though I didn't 'cause it would have meant throwing up.

Halp please :(

Comments

• Options
    You described what I was having 2 years ago, which turned out to be IBS. Still have the same problems, but nothing works. (or I was intolerant to it)

The only thing that works for me is eating yoghurt. Does this help you at all?
  • Options
    I agree, my IBS manifests that way some times. Worth a chat with your GP.
  • Options
    you might have a bit of a tummy bug
  • Options
    If you've just had it for a short while then Suzy could be right if longer then maybe it could be IBS as you'll know I think it's best you see a doctor.
  • Options
    I hope it's just a tummy bug :(. It seems a little better now but that might just be 'cause I've been lying down since I finished my dinner and that seems to help.

Melian - I don't know if yoghurt helps. Maybe I'll ask Rich to buy me some when we got to Sainsbury's tomorrow to see if it does.

Is IBS likely to just appear with no previous symptoms? I've never had anything like this before.

Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    I've been feeling this way aswell! I've not been to the doctors either...
    I've found eating salad stuff actually helps, weird but true.
    Hope you get better soon :) xx
  • Options
    what ever you do, don't throw it up =]
  • Options
    IBS can come from nowhere. Mine did, when I was little I used to eat alot of white bread and I think my body built an intolerance to it and now I can't eat it at all. Same with lot's of milk, fatty/greasy foods and lot's of onions!

Try peppermint tea and ginger capsuals they may help with the symptoms!

But I would still go to the Dr's :yes:
  • Options
    IBS, like any allergy / intolerance can just appear. Mine is sometimes so badI can't walk but I know it's lactose intolerance (mild) so as long as I'm not drinking loads of tea and living off cheese toasties I can more-or-less cope.

Also, I find it comes and goes. So if that's what it is you're not sentenced to a life of pain.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    IBS, like any allergy / intolerance can just appear. Mine is sometimes so badI can't walk but I know it's lactose intolerance (mild) so as long as I'm not drinking loads of tea and living off cheese toasties I can more-or-less cope.

Also, I find it comes and goes. So if that's what it is you're not sentenced to a life of pain.

I second all this, except mine is wheat.:(
  • Options
    If it IS IBS, I have no idea what my intolerance would be :/. I hope it's not wheat (most likely, although I got it from chilli & rice last night :/) because pasta is like the only thing I eat.

Bah. I'm doctoring it tomorrow anyway. Not going to my lectures today because I'm just hurty :(.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    If it IS IBS, I have no idea what my intolerance would be :/. I hope it's not wheat (most likely, although I got it from chilli & rice last night :/) because pasta is like the only thing I eat.

Wheat free pasta tastes the same as pasta made from wheat.

It might be worth keeping a food diary and noting any issues you have after eating food.
  • Options
    Maybe you are allergic to something you are eating. My sister is allergic to wheat, and when she was 2 years old, my parents found out because she was puking from a lot of things she ate. They took her to the doctor and she got a blood test and they found out why. She was allergic to wheat. Maybe you are allergic to something you are eating, but just don't know it. There are a lot of side effects. My sister gets sick for 3 YEARS if she eats something with wheat in it. I hope it's not something severe. And if your period is coming, it should be cramping under your navel. Also there will be droplets of dried up blood in your underwear. If you don't see those effects, then it is not your period. If it does not hurt under your navel, and if there is no blood in your underwear, then you can be allergic to something you are eating. Or you have an ulcer. I had one, and whenever I ate I got such a bad cramp I cried and was too scared to even move. I ate less and drank less and my mom had to keep me home for a long time. It could be that you are allergic to something, or you have an ulcer. Get it checked because I was screaming so bad and crying every night because I was scared what I'd feel like in the morning. It gets worse and worse and I still regret not going to the doctor in time. I could have been dead if it wasn't for the doctor. You NEED to see a doctor. They really do help they saved my life. If you don't know what an ulcer is, it is a sore in the inside of your stomach. It could be flat or it could be puffing out. It is like a scrape of the knee when you fall on pavement, or it could be puffy. It gets worse and worse, and if you don't heal it, you will die. I am forever thanking my doctor. You have to see a doctor because if it's an ulcer, and this keeps going on, you might die. If this happens every time something goes into your stomach (even water), it's an ulcer. If it's a certain type of food, you're allergic. I noticed something was wrong because whatever went into my stomach, gave me a blood curdling pain. It's okay. Don't panic. Just call the doctor and they can check. They saved my life. Think of how they save lives and how they can really help you when you go there.

Hope you feel better :) God bless you!
  • Options
    Hey L!NDA, welcome to thesite... this thread is a few years old now, and it might be worth starting a new thread if this is a topic you want to discuss... generally threads that are more than a few months old get left alone, and new ones get started :)
This discussion has been closed.