Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm Not Some Stupid Attention Seeker

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok guys,

For a good many years now I've found it difficult coping with the amount of changes or general problems that keep popping up in my life. I'm getting help that I don't really want because to be honest it just makes people notice me and my faults more, I mean like most of my friends have their own problems and I'm always helping them deal with them but they just leave me when their lives start to work out. When I told my problems (I.E violent conflicts with my mum, bullying, weight gain, bad skin, suicide of family members, witnessing domestic violence and getting hurt trying to stop it, having no real friends tbh)

I spend most of my time listening to music because it makes me feel better, I have a strong faith in God and that helps me through most of my problems but I lack confidence and my school mucked up my grades for my student review day so my dad doesn't know how good I'm doing.

Oh yeah and did I mention that I don't actually live with my mum anymore I live with my dad who doesn't have a house yet or a job.

I love my life, I'm not sure I could ever take it. I have tried, countless times. I don't think I would be that stupid again though, I don't exactly feel like my life should end when things are getting better. I love my dad to bits, I love my sister to bits but I am missing my other sistes and brothers but I cannot see them unless I am accompinied by an adult cos' of what happened with me and my mum.

I don't like talking about my life you see, but I want to know how you guys deal with this stuff... its like leaving my mums side of the family releaved me of the problems such as my ex step dad being a bitch and shit but I need help dealing with the memories.

:):blush: advice?

Comments

• Options
    you say you have faith in God? maybe you could talk to a priest or attend a local church, meet people and ask for help and guidance. I'm sure they would pray with and for you. hang in there, yeah?
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    you say you have faith in God? maybe you could talk to a priest or attend a local church, meet people and ask for help and guidance. I'm sure they would pray with and for you. hang in there, yeah?

:yes:

What Nutter is saying is absolutely right. You say you are getting help - what kind of help do you mean? And what is it that makes you say that you don't want it?

Your problems are as important as everybody else's. It takes an amazing kind of person to help family and friends with their problems when you are trying to deal with your own problems too. So well done. But, concentrating on you for a while may be a way to help you feel less deserted by those close to you. It also sound's like you are seeking help in the right places too - here on The Site, God, music and the other help that you mentioned. This is all really positive.

Have you checked out The Site's information pages? The ones on family, talking treatments and confidence boosting may be a place to start? These pages can often help people to explore what is going on for them and look at some options that are available.

It's great to hear that you love your family and that you do not feel you want to end your life. When things start to get on top of you, perhaps remind yourself of these feelings - they may help you to see beyond the bad memories.

Please keep posting to let us know how you are getting on or want any more information. Take care - :)