Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Washing away the homeless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7967343.stm

:no: what a bunch of cunts, I hope the splash back drowns them

Comments

• Options
    that is riduclous, i agree when the guy says that it is not driven by compassion at all but rather gov targets.

maybe not the best example but it reminded me of the stupid buzz equipment they use outside of shops to drive young people away. if you arent going to treat vulnerable groups humanely (instead of blasting a hose or sound in their ear) then what hope is there?
  • Options
    Westminster Council by any chance?
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Westminster Council by any chance?
    Absolutely correct. A simple Google search of the term "hot washing" brings this website up as the third result in the list. The Centre for Housing Policy at York University did a study called The Impact of Enforcement on Street Users in England last year. The aforementioned Westminster Council was singled out for criticism. One of the frontline workers - quite possibly one of the people ordered to carry out this "hot washing" - called the practice "inhumane".

This is an utterly despicable practice, and any local authority that does it should be thoroughly ashamed of itself. In particular, the people who decided to introduce these practices deserve to be hosed down and then thrown into the River Thames. It sounds to me like this is nothing more than a way for councils to pretend that homelessness doesn't affect them, that it's just a way to shift the problem onto someone else. Shameful.