Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heyloo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Like alot of people I came across this site by accident whilst looking for somewhere to get help and advice and just for general chit chat etc. and thought I'd introduce myself...

So I'm 22 (nearly 23 unfortunately :banghead: ), female and in my second year of a language degree as I did want to go into teaching. I have a placement year teaching English in a school in Spain as of September. I'm terrified!

I live with 4 housemates normally but I'm home at the moment with my parents as I'm poorly sick :sour: .

I have the usual destructive hobbies of most 20 somethings. I like going out and getting VERY drunk to the point that I can't see, ordering a kebab then arguing with a taxi driver that I won't get kebab/sick in his taxi at 430am. I have other hobbies aswell, like horse riding, going to the cinema, occasionally going to lectures etc.

I recently split with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years and I think this has had more of an effect on me than I realise.We had a house and were saving for a mortgage together until thanks to the credit crunch his commission based job stopped paying and we lost our house and savings. In the end we decided that too much had changed between us and parted amicably.

So this is my story up to now. Like I said I stumbled across this site and saw alot of other people going through similar things so thought I'd join up and get venting!

Lots of love x x

Comments

• Options
    Hey there, nice to have you here.

Kebabs always bring out interesting stories, i was chatted up by the kebab man last night. Verrrrrry interesting.

Anyway, :wave:
  • Options
    Hi all,

Like alot of people I came across this site by accident whilst looking for somewhere to get help and advice and just for general chit chat etc. and thought I'd introduce myself...

So I'm 22 (nearly 23 unfortunately :banghead: ), female and in my second year of a language degree as I did want to go into teaching. I have a placement year teaching English in a school in Spain as of September. I'm terrified!

I live with 4 housemates normally but I'm home at the moment with my parents as I'm poorly sick :sour: .

I have the usual destructive hobbies of most 20 somethings. I like going out and getting VERY drunk to the point that I can't see, ordering a kebab then arguing with a taxi driver that I won't get kebab/sick in his taxi at 430am. I have other hobbies aswell, like horse riding, going to the cinema, occasionally going to lectures etc.

I recently split with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years and I think this has had more of an effect on me than I realise.We had a house and were saving for a mortgage together until thanks to the credit crunch his commission based job stopped paying and we lost our house and savings. In the end we decided that too much had changed between us and parted amicably.

So this is my story up to now. Like I said I stumbled across this site and saw alot of other people going through similar things so thought I'd join up and get venting!

Lots of love x x

Hello! You sound like a very busy lady! Placement in Spain sounds exciting!

Feel free to ask for as much advice and help as you need, but remember to flit around for the banter too! =]
  • Options
    Hi.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

I'm gonna miss this when I graduate :(:(:(

Welcome along :D
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I'm gonna miss this when I graduate :(:(:(

Welcome along :D

I'm not. Post grad! Whoo! :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Damn you :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Damn you :(

Even if you're stuck in a boring 9-5, you'll have the cash for some insane weekends! :yippe: