Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

burn out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
basically, because of me being out of action for 6 weeks at the start of term, then having a relapase with my fits and then having everyone that was helping on a project pull out on me, i've got to a stage where i am very close to total burn out.

I've already claimed mitigating circumstances and thus have had all but 2 of my deadlines pushed back to june, but i really need to get away from campus for a couple of weeks after the holidays to finish all my work, and sort my head out. - i need extra time due to the sheer volume of work i need to sort out, and because i have prearranged things happening in the easter break which will make completion of work very difficult.

All my lecturers know what i'm going through right now, and they were telling me to take a break over a month ago but i wasn't able to.

does anyone thing it would be problematic for me to send an email to my lecturers and ask if after the easter break if i have to be present for anything asides 2 presentations?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Nah maybe not. Unless you have an exam in that module or the stuff you'll be learning isn't related to your assignments then they might let you off. Wouldnt hurt to ask though
  • Options
    i haven't missed more than 2 lectures all term, i hope they'll understand. I'm gonna talk to them individually i think, might be more sympathetic that way.