Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

21st... family? or girl? help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its my 21st soon

I don't know who to spend it with? My family? Or my gf of 11 months???

Anyone help me out? They live far apart and I think it should be family?

But she seems to be really hacked off I won't be with her? I'm dreading it...

Comments

• Options
    You should be with your family and invite your girlfriend to come along for the weekend as well.
  • Options
    family definately. Birthdays are more about your mum and dad anyway, remember this is not just 21 years since you were born but 21 years since your mum gave birth to you
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    family definately. Birthdays are more about your mum and dad anyway, remember this is not just 21 years since you were born but 21 years since your mum gave birth to you

:yes: :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    invite your girlfriend to spend the time with you and your family. She should be there too
  • Options
    icey wrote: »

Yeah! And remember, in 21 years time, you'll still have your family (hopefully) but its possible that you may not have the same girlfriend.
  • Options
    True for all of the above.
    Invite your girlfriend along for the weekend, or maybe just the two of you can do something else on a different weekend, either alone or with friends..... that means two birthdays!! win win!
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    True for all of the above.
    Invite your girlfriend along for the weekend, or maybe just the two of you can do something else on a different weekend, either alone or with friends..... that means two birthdays!! win win!

:yes:
  • Options
    um, I'm not sure you're obliged to do either, and I don't think you should be pressurised for either side. I understand that some families are really big on birthdays, and that might sway your decision - but it's your 21st and I reckon you should do whatever makes you happy!
  • Options
    take her to see ur family.. after all it is your 21st.