Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

do you think its wrong??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year now and we have decided to get our own home. We have deicded to try get a 3 bedroom house (incase we split up so we can stay friends and have my own room) and his best friend is going to live with us aswell fora while.

But i cannot seem to tell my mum because i know she just wants the best for me but everyone says my mum is a "Control freak" but i dont see it. When i tried to bring it up she clocked on early through the conversation and, well lets just say i don't think there was many things in the house that weren't broken.

I need to tell her soon becasue me and my boyfriend are very close to finding a home and i dont want to end up telling her on the day i move

can anyone give me some advice to try and get her to listen??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why are you planning on moving in together if you believe there's a possibility you'll split up?

Getting a 3 bed house just in case is a very weird move, what's to say you have a messy split up and can't stand the sight of him - why would you want to live down the hall? Makes no sense.

I'd go away and re-assess your criteria before trying to persuade anyone...
    z0ma wrote: »
    Why are you planning on moving in together if you believe there's a possibility you'll split up?

Getting a 3 bed house just in case is a very weird move, what's to say you have a messy split up and can't stand the sight of him - why would you want to live down the hall? Makes no sense.

I'd go away and re-assess your criteria before trying to persuade anyone...

TBH, I think it's a sensible move... Better than not even thinking through that possiblity. I don't think they're planning on splitting up or they wouldn't be moving in together, but it's good to have a back up plan just incase isn't it?

I think just bring it up casually, say what you have to say within a couple of sentences and in a way that doesn't invite her opinion on the matter... and bring it up when one of you have plans to be somewhere else so you can't get drawn into an argument/heated discussion about it.
    Lu_C wrote: »
    TBH, I think it's a sensible move... Better than not even thinking through that possiblity. I don't think they're planning on splitting up or they wouldn't be moving in together, but it's good to have a back up plan just incase isn't it?

I think just bring it up casually, say what you have to say within a couple of sentences and in a way that doesn't invite her opinion on the matter... and bring it up when one of you have plans to be somewhere else so you can't get drawn into an argument/heated discussion about it.

Well my mum has the tendancy to block all the entrances so i can't get out haha
    :lol:
    :crazyeyes

Tell her outside then. Or with the door wide open already.

Your mum sounds a bit scary.
    i think its very soon to be buying a house together
    i think its very soon to be buying a house together

:yes:

My boyfriend and I will have been together 3 years in the summer when we move in together and I'm still shitting myself about that!