Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would this concern you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I have been in a relationship with my current bf for 3 Months and we had sex after 6 weeks of dating, that was approx. about 6 weeks ago and we have sex about 2-3 times a week. We were together last night and we have plans for Sunday to have dinner out etc. Well this morning he calls me and says that he has been having trouble sleeping and he thinks it occurs after having sex, so he wants to avoid having sex on Sunday. He has mentioned the difficulty sleeping before as well but never said it was due to having sex. I couldn't really talk to him much at the time but will call him later today. He did say he still wants to go out, just to refrain from having sex. I am a little concerned but I know our relationship isn't just about the sex and although I like it and prefer to have it I am fine with just an evening out with him as well. I guess most men I have been with just would never turn down an evening of sex and sex was the basis of one of my past relationships. Any comments?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Well i wouldnt say it was too worrying. I reckon he should find out what the actual cause of him not being able to sleep is, maybe its not sex but something else.
    I'm sure its just a temporary thing
  • Options
    he doesnt sound that "into" sex.

I think it would bother me, but im only saying that from the POV of knowing nothing else about your relationship
  • Options
    I thought I would give an update...Thanks for the responses.

I will admit I was a little concerned about it myself.

Long story short is that his lack of sleep had nothing to do with sex, he regularily takes Melatonin to help him sleep and he had forgotten to take it the night that he had no sleep at all. Once he figured it out he called me and told me.

Since then another issue has crept up....I guess i'll post a new post later regarding that one. :impissed:
  • Options
    I was going to say, after sex the body usually releases right?