Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oh my god I've done it!!!!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Things are over with me and my evil boyfriend!!!

He really took the piss the other night and stayed out in the pub all night when he was ment to be coming and seeing me and something inside me snapped, i told him it was over! He tryed to get me back the next morning but i said no! I found myself weakening last night and was going to call him and ask him to come round but he sent me a nasty text one of his female friends had sent him about me, it was obvious he had been slagging me off to her, so in a way i am glad that happned, it stopped me ringing him. I still have weak moments and get upset but i just buy a bottle of wine and go round a friends.

My new job is going well! all the people are lovely and i am enjoying it! I've even met a really sweet gorgeous guy there whos been really friendly to me. I have even aranged a viewing of a room in a house share tomorow evening!!!!!!!!! I am excited and scared at the same time.

I really hope i don't back out of all this and go running back to my ex as i DO still love him and think about him constanly, but i KNOW this is the right thing for me but sometimes i find it so hard. when i feel low i put on some hapy music and try and think about all the good times i'm going to have in portsmouth.........

Comments

• Options
    Oh my life i'm so incredibly proud of you and excited for your job house etc etc.
  • Options
    thank you! the only thing bothering me is i have ups and downs, i was on a high when i posted orignal post, now i'm feeling a bit low about the whole things, i am so scared i am going to running back to him and cancel the viewing of the room, i need to stay strong though!
  • Options
    man, this sounds just too good. like hollywood flick ending good. Which is great. I'm proud of you. It really sucks to break up with someone and come crawling back to him the next day (which he will surely have done to you). I would not be surprised if he "made up" the text of his female friend.

Everything is going uphill now. A good job, an interesting guy and a flat share. That's exactly what you need now. A lot of cool people around you, to distract you, until your "boyfriend" is nothing more than a fart in the wind.

Sometimes you just have to make the leap out of the quicksand you are slowly sinking, even tho you do not know where exactly you are leaping. Sounds to me you made it. Delete his number out of your phone, he is in the past now.
  • Options
    red wine??? pfff! GET SOME BLOODY CHAMPAGNE!

huge congrats! I knew you would do it. I'm mega proud of you!

now, you have every reason to go to portsmouth and start up this brilliant new life i'm sure you can see on the horizon!

you go girl!
  • Options
    Yay! :yippe:

I actually have a huge bottle of champers i was saving for a special occision! im going to take it with me to portsmouth and drop it off at my mates house before viewing the house then come back and celebrate with them!

I really hope i get the room, i spoke to the landlord and he said he had interviewed a few people so far and none of them were "right" :nervous: so i am going to have to make a good impression. i will be shattered if he says no as i have to get away NOW.

And i want to say thank you to all you guys for helping me through this :heart: i know it must of been frustrating reading all my posts but there is light at the end of the tunnel now :)
  • Options
    YES brilliant so so proud of you .Do you feel relieved or like weight has been lifted?.I just want give you big hug WELL DONE :yippe:
  • Options
    YEAY !!! Go you. I am so pleased for you. I know that you can have low moments when you feel that maybe you have done the wrong thing, what I would recommend if you have them is you come back here and look at your posts about how you were feeling when he was treating you so badly.
  • Options
    Oh my god, thank all that is holy!

It is always scary coming out of a long relationship, even if it was a shitty one. Stay strong and in a couple of months you'll be wondering what the hell took you so long!

Good luck :)
  • Options
    That's really great news, I'm muchos happy for you! :) There will be moments of doubt at first but they'll soon be vastly outnumbered by feeling happy and free from him. From here on the sky's the limit - the world is your oyster... well done :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Ups and downs are part of the process. Well done!
  • Options
    Stay strong, my girl :):):):):)

Good luck with the room. It sounds like you have a new life beckoning!!

Well done!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    ogh god oh god he keeps ringing me and begging me not to go and saying he is sorry 4 bein a shit boyfriend and everything. its hard to hear as i still love him but it kinda feels good to be the one in control for once
  • Options
    Too right. YOU are the one with the power now, he isn't. For once, he isn't the one in control.

Just keep hanging up on him. Don't even answer the phone - it will drive him nuts. The less you actually speak to him, the less he will be able to try getting back in there. Focus on your new job, the lovely new man you've met, the new room, the new LIFE you can have!

This is showing him up as the weak, pathetic excuse for a 'man' that he is. I think you should enjoy seeing him on the back foot for a change. Try feeling empowered about the whole thing, and see him for what he really is. He will never change, and he will only try smashing you back down, mentally, as it's the only was he knows to feel 'strong'. I would put money on the fact that after a few calls with you not answering, the tone will turn nasty. Nasty voice mail, nasty SMS. His true colours will shine through, once again.

STAY STRONG.
  • Options
    omg, this is brilliant news. Stay strong my lovely, I knew he would beg you to come back - bit of a change eh. You know he wont have changed though. You cant change THAT much.
    Im really proud of you, and hope the flat viewing goes well
  • Options
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    ogh god oh god he keeps ringing me and begging me not to go and saying he is sorry 4 bein a shit boyfriend and everything. its hard to hear as i still love him but it kinda feels good to be the one in control for once

So you should! He's left it waay too late!

Best of luck! =]
  • Options
    Turn your phone off and concentrate on your new life
  • Options
    I wouldn't even answer the phone to him. Delete his number from your phone so you can't phone/text him. Get his number blocked so her can't phone you. Delete every bit of contact you can have with him so you are not tempted.
  • Options
    i have aranged to view another 2 houses, so 3 in total. i am deffo gunna do this, he keeps texting etc, offering me the world but i know he wont change, although his argument is this has shocked him into realising he cant treat me like shit. i am scared hes going to turn nasty though, hes got quite an influance on alot of people around here and could spread rumors and maybe set his female mates on me :(

but im going to be in portsmouth so hopefully it wont effect me
  • Options
    Exactly - Portsmouth is a BIG place. Just don't give him any information, and whenever possible, stay over there at a friend's place on the weekend, or until you get a room sorted. The less time you are around home, the less chance there is of him causing any agro. You said your mum was supporting you in this - if needs be, see if she is able to bring any of your things to Portsmouth etc. :)

Viewing three places gives you options, and a possible fall back if your first choice doesn't work out. That is a good plan. :thumb:

Ignore the fucker. Don't even read his texts. Just delete them.
  • Options
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    i am scared hes going to turn nasty though, hes got quite an influance on alot of people around here and could spread rumors and maybe set his female mates on me :(

but im going to be in portsmouth so hopefully it wont effect me

exactly. I was just about to say "who cares? You are gone in a bit." before I read your last sentence in this post.

He thought he could keep you on the short leash with his tyranny. Unfortunately this never works in the long run.

Now he sets his "female friends" on you. scaaary... fuck 'em I say.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If you aint there he can't do shit all. Well done on breaking up with this piece of vermin, just make sure you never ever let him back into your life!
  • Options
    Well done :) I've been viewing your posts but didn't comment as I would've only been repeating what everyone else had already said haha.

The first step is always the most difficult but you're past that now! He will never change, don't fall for his bullshit.

Onwards and upwards as they say ;) All the best x
  • Options
    Yay! Well done you! :D

As the others said, stay strong and dont let him wiggle his way back in. When he gets no response from you he'll give up.

So, so proud of you :thumb:
    Hope everything goes great in Portsmouth
    xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Well done you :D. Ignore his phonecalls - he's just trying to weedle his way back into your life and then it will all start again so don't let him! Like g_angel said, if you ignore him his texts will soon turn nasty because that's all he knows. He won't change.

I'm so proud of you :D.
  • Options
    Having read all your threads about how this twat has treated you, I know you know you've done the right thing. Onwards and upwards I say! :thumb:
  • Options
    Well done!
  • Options
    Congraulations. I know it must have been tough for you but dont look back now. Ignore his phone calls, delete his texts unread, block him on face book etc (heck I'd get a new phone number myself) and get your mum and friends to give you the support you need. You will have ups and downs, for now concentrate on building a new life in Portsmouth away from him and the bad memories.
  • Options
    Please keep him as a part of your past. It doesn't matter how much you're missing him please remind yourself of the way he made you feel when he was nasty to you.
  • Options
    he has jus rung me saying her is going to put a video of me and him shagging on the internet. im so scared i dont know what to do. he said "you can run away to portsmouth but you will never be able to escape the internet!"